Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Addictive personality?

Default Addictive personality?

My mother mentioned to me last weekend I have a addictive personality.

Is anyone here addicted to their diapers? Do you think you have this?

It makes me think of the show My Strange Addiction and it had someone on there who was an adult baby. Well I like my diapers and will wear them and I am also addicted to hair pulling but I don't know if I have an addictive personality. I looked it up and it didn't seem to quite fit but I am on the fence about it. Maybe I am not textbook. I feel I cannot quit wearing diapers and not ever do it again but it doesn't bother me to not wear for hours when I have a bad rash or if I can't wear a diaper for some reason. I even get the urges to wear. I just like wearing them because I like peeing in them but I also enjoy the feeling of wearing one and the powder makes it even more comfortable and softer and I also like getting changed by someone which is my husband.

Even if they feel uncomfortable at times, I still want to wear them. My mom thinks that will get me to stop but that isn't the point. I even feel happier in them too so it's like a medicine for me to be happier. I just feel different in them in a positive way. I don't really care for messing in them but do it sometimes for the convenience and when I am going to shower anyway soon. If my husband were still changing my messy ones, I would do it more often because I like the feeling of being cared for and getting cleaned up by him. But I like doing it if that makes sense. But peeing in them is the main reason why I wear them.

Do I really have addictive personality. Do we all have one?

Miku

I'm the exact same way ;P

You only have to satisfy yourself, and I guess your husband by wearing, not your mother. As for as hair pulling, that's more OCD than an addiction. The same is true about diaper wearing. It's an extension of our fetish, or if you prefer, using a transitional object for some psychological gratification. It's not an addiction in most cases. It would only be an addiction if you kept doing it without there being any real gratification. In that case, you would be just repeating a single act out of a habit built from its very repetition, in my unskilled opinion.

I'm guessing that wearing 24/7 could count as addicted. I'd never view it that way though

This might be a random way of putting it but... Everyone has there thing or things they spend their money on... Some spend it on hotting up their car, some spend it on hotting up their PC, some spend it on clothes entirely and go out in public to show off their new clothes. Others spend their money on Drugs/Alcohol.. others spend theirs on diapers and related paraphernalia..

I'm not sure where I'm going on this, but if your a 100% DL or AB, then diapers etc are just what you enjoy spending your money on.. Its about been happy... Technically, every one would be an addict or have an addictive personality cause I can't think of anyone who doesn't spend their money on anything other then bills and food. All tho, I'm sure there's too many people who don't get spend money on stuff other then necessities, but yeah.

It's all about what YOU want to spend your money on... It's what makes you happy.

We only live once (to the best of my knowledge)

This is one that I feel a little strongly about. I was put on VERY heavy painkillers for many years to try and control severe headaches that nearly destroyed my life. At one point in all of this, my boss (now retired, thank god!) called me into his office to tell me he had been discussing what was going on with me to people he met at parties who were doctors and that they thought I might be a junkie. I know the legal ramifications of what he did, I very nearly quit and sued the crap out of the company over it. Instead, he was coaxed into retiring and I got a new boss who has a clue on how to treat people.

All that said, there are definitions for what constitutes addiction versus something like dependency. I took very heavy narcotic pain medications for many years and could not stop 'cold turkey' without severe withdrawal symptoms. Addiction is different animal than this. I was dependent on the medications, my body was so used to them that stopping was extremely difficult. I eventually went cold turkey in a hospital over several days. I took the medications for a specific reason, and did not need more and more of them to give me relief.

Addiction involves not only doing something because it makes you feel good, but as the 'high' or good feeling begins to become commonplace, you feel you must indulge more and more in order to receive that good feeling. This is why drug addicts are constantly requiring higher and higher doses as they get addicted--they become used to the drug and need more to return to the high. They will do ANYTHING to get that high again. Forget family, forget jobs, forget acting within the normal bounds of the law. THAT is addiction.

With that said, does that mean that something that you do to get a good feeling is an addiction? Absolutely not. Plenty of people feel good after going out and exercising at the gym for a couple hours every day. This most certainly isn't addiction. If you had to quit work, lose your house, and alienate yourself from your family in order to work out more and more every day, that could certainly be viewed as addiction.

It certainly doesn't sound like you have an addiction. You have not let it take over your life. You still have a husband, you have things besides diapers. They are not the only thing that makes you feel good. So, from a strict definition, I would definitely not call this an addiction.

Even with Riley Kilo (who I applaud for standing up and showing how 'normal' we can be), I would be hard-pressed to call what she does "addiction". She still works, supports herself, and lives a life. Just because she lives as an AB in her off time shows more that she has figured out a happy medium between what feels good and what she needs to do to live her life. It's much like having a drink with dinner every night versus letting alcohol consume your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    . Well I like my diapers and will wear them and I am also addicted to hair pulling
    This is called trichotillomania. It's primarily caused by copious amounts of stress. I have it and i've been managing it rather well lately, if you want more info on it, PM me.... But it's caused by a physical reaction (likely related to the immune system.) It's not just an OCD habit...

And... Typically... No. I just enjoy what i do. That's not the same as an addiction. I've gone from 2.5 pots of coffee a day to none for a few weeks on a whim to see if i could. (Headaches were annoying but that's okay...)

goodniteteen69

ive also felt the same way that i was addicted to diapers

also theres some wierd yahoo sites that are like christian anti diaper lover group idk it was wierd b/c i while back i googled getting over being a diaper lover and i found it im like whoa im outta here lol

I think my mother pins fancy terms on me. One time she told Social Security I was seeing a shrink for "adjustment disorder" and I just figured then it was a name for one of my Asperger traits, difficulty with change which is common in people with autism spectrum disorders. But I looked it up and saw it was something totally different and decided I didn't have it and there was no such thing. Now I realize it does exist but I don't think I have it because I adjust eventually and people with it never get over it. Then the second one was an eating disorder which I got diagnosed with three years later. Then it was PTSD referring to me not really wanting to be around people nor having friends due to my past. I don't think I have PTSD either because people with it have things very extreme when it comes to past experience. Now it's addictive personality. Next time she pins another label on me, I am going to ask her if I really do have it or if she is just diagnosing me with it. She is a nurse too.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    This is called trichotillomania. It's primarily caused by copious amounts of stress. I have it and i've been managing it rather well lately, if you want more info on it, PM me.... But it's caused by a physical reaction (likely related to the immune system.) It's not just an OCD habit...

And... Typically... No. I just enjoy what i do. That's not the same as an addiction. I've gone from 2.5 pots of coffee a day to none for a few weeks on a whim to see if i could. (Headaches were annoying but that's okay...)
    I don't pull hair out of stress. I pull my under arm hair and pubic hair and the razor doesn't get it all when I shave so I tweeze. I have never self diagnosed myself with this because I don't really need another label and I don't see why it's so bad what I do. It's just something I enjoy doing. I even like pushing hair out of me as if they are pimples.

Quote Originally Posted by goodniteteen69 View Post
    ive also felt the same way that i was addicted to diapers

also theres some wierd yahoo sites that are like christian anti diaper lover group idk it was wierd b/c i while back i googled getting over being a diaper lover and i found it im like whoa im outta here lol

That wouldn't happen to be a group called Overcoming Infantilism?

I need to try diapers to get addicted in the first place.

I didn't get addicted to alcohol, so I guess I don't have that addictive personality.