Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower Quality Diapers!

Talking Lower Quality Diapers!

So we're always talking about quality/premium diapers and which ones we like the best.

At the moment, I'm not able to buy those! However, I can afford to buy lower quality, store diapers.

SO! Which do you like the most and why?

Sadly, Depend Fitted briefs will win my vote.

They might as well be a napkin compared to Abena's, but their quality is greater than any other store brand that I have tried, with one exception.

Several years ago, I bought CVS Day/Night Maximum Protection (or something like that) diapers, and they were better than the Depends at the time. They had greater absorbency, and were a bit more comfortable, also. Those and Depends tided me over for quite some time, until i had the courage to order a case of M4's. =)

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    until i had the courage to order a case of M4's. =)
    No going back since then huh? lol

For an afordable store bought brand I cast my vote for Wal Green's Certainty brand diaper. They are cloth-backed though. But they hold quite a bit for a store brand diaper. Double them up and you have a very absorbant diaper that is well above most other store brands.

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    No going back since then huh? lol
    If you take a look at the photo i posted in the gallery, you'll see it's either all uphill, or downhill from there. Which ever way you might want to interpret it!

Anyway, back on topic, I tried the walgreens brand before, but they leaked very easily for me. Back then, they had no leak guards, and apparently, no real absorbency either. They were disappointing. Hopefully they've gotten better since.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    Anyway, back on topic, I tried the walgreens brand before, but they leaked very easily for me. Back then, they had no leak guards, and apparently, no real absorbency either. They were disappointing. Hopefully they've gotten better since.
    I don't know how long ago it was that you tried them, but they are IMHO among the better store brand diapers available. And btw,,, nice stockpile you got going. Good photo!

There aren't really many low quality generic adult nappies in the UK other than the main brands. I think Boots have their own Stay Dry range but I've heard they're pretty poor.

I would recommend trying Prevail PM (Here's a link to a retailer, I'm not endorsing this retailer it was just a result of a quick google).

Years ago this is what I would get and I was quite comfortable with them until I moved to "premium" diapers. At least for me I swear there was a plant near were I lived because they just seemed so cheap, even cheaper than online vendors. And the quality was far above Depends / etc store brands. If you find a nearby pharmacy that carries them / has a supplier with them request if you can buy them per pack from their case. I got lucky and found one that did that, I mean naturally I "had" to come back for the rest (at least from what they knew). If not the retailer I linked (again not endorsing, just giving an example of price was selling per back at $13.79 per bag of medium, however it said no free shipping unless $25+...so if you buy 2 you'd be clear, or find someone else).

Honestly I can't say it enough, but I do recommend these. I remember fondly these were my "fun" diapers before I could get premium brands. I will note that once I moved up to premium I noticed these weren't as long / wide as the higher brands so make sure your measurements fit.

Or instead of buying two of those I've found Abena M4's here for $20 a pack. But when I got home (unfortunately this happened at the parents' house) a large box with "Drugstore.com" blazened on the side awaited me...I didn't specify for privacy shipping (if they even have the option) so don't take that as their only method of shipping.

The CVS store brand ones actually aren't too bad once you get used to taping them right. It's been a while since I wore depends (depends-->abena-->CVS) so I am not sure how good they are compared to CVS.

Quote Originally Posted by nappieddude1589 View Post
    There aren't really many low quality generic adult nappies in the UK other than the main brands. I think Boots have their own Stay Dry range but I've heard they're pretty poor.
    I've tried Boots Stay Dry before I could get the Tena Slip. They're okay, but nowhere near as good. If I was incontinent I certainly wouldn't trust them. Boots Plastic Pants are also the worst I've ever seen. Good place to get wipes, cream and powder though if you have an Advantage card

Sometimes local pharmacies/chemists in the UK have a range of cheaper diapers - I find it is a bit of a lottery because they don't have the room to store many sizes or brands and you have to accept what you can get. Amazon UK are quite cost effective and I have notices that cheap diapers from several companies are so similar that they must be the same item marketed under different brand names. Agree about Boots stay dry products - in my experience they are ineffective and as I am incontinent I daren't trust them!