Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premium Diaper Doubling

Cherub

Default Premium Diaper Doubling

I did some research and I saw two similar threads on this, but it's been some time ago, and the topic was rather broad. I am wondering how many out there double or even triple their diaper when wearing a premium diaper (Abena, Molicare, Tena ATN, Dry24/7, ect). When you wear at home how many do you wear? When you are out in public, how many do you wear? Do you double up, or wear a single premium diaper at a time.

For me, At times I have worn a doubled Abena X-plus. Then there have been times when I knew the bulk would be too much a then I wore a single Abena with an Abr-let Maxi booster.
    Last edited by Cherub; 27-Oct-2011 at 21:39. Reason: grammer mistake

I've tried doubling a Tena Slip Maxi before (no idea what an Tena ATN is... a USA version maybe?). It didn't make that much difference from a functionality point of view. Had some fun waddling around though

When I do double premium diapers, it's with other cheap diapers. Doubling premiums only is waay too expensive for me, as well as a huge waste IMHO.

I think the premiums I use (Abena) are already good enough without stuffing or doubling. I do stuff the non-premium Assurance diapers I wear from time to time though.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I think he means Tena, Tranquility ATN.
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Sorry for any confusion.

Every time I've ever double-diapered or more with high end diapers, I always regret it afterwards.

The problem is, premium diapers, like Abena's are designed too well to let the moisture through to the other layers. You end up with the inner-most layer soaked from front to back, and the outer layers still 70-80% dry.

If you double-diaper just for the thickness, that's cool. But, double-diapering for absorbency is almost always a huge waste.

Without quoting everyone - I only doubled up on the Tena Slips just to see how bulky there were. Absorbency with these is normally good enough for hours on end without doubling up. I am tempted to get some baby diapers though to try stuffing.

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Sorry for any confusion.
    No worries, thanks for clearing that up

I have used incontinence pads (shaped or rectangular - not diapers) successfully as stuffers for long trips etc. You can get them without a waterproof back as they are sold to be worn in special pants under plastic or rubber pants. They are very cheap and given the price of good quality diapers it would break my heart to use one as a doubler!

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Without quoting everyone - I only doubled up on the Tena Slips just to see how bulky there were. Absorbency with these is normally good enough for hours on end without doubling up. I am tempted to get some baby diapers though to try stuffing.

No worries, thanks for clearing that up
    Hi I see your from the UK and use the tena slips I was just wondering were you got them from I can't seem to find and cheers