Thread: A story I wanted to share with everyone. (Quite long)

Default A story I wanted to share with everyone. (Quite long)

I have been lurking around the website for a couple of years now, but I stopped visiting it and also stopped doing many things I used to love because of what I'm about to tell you.

I suffer from "authentic" depression, I think that's the way you call it when you are prone to feel down for every-single thing that comes at you and feel impotent, at times. At the time I was 15, I didn't knew what it was like to feel like that, it is one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced, it made me wish to commit suicide several times, I stopped doing almost all of the things I loved to do and made me a severely isolated person for a long time...saddest chapter of my life so far.

This year, in fact, I wanted to "end it all", twice. I was really going through something that I really don't think it's important to mention at all now I guess.

However...for the last couple of months, for some unknown reason, I started to feel good, as in, really GOOD It was almost as if I woke up one morning and just wanted to restart everything. I started to feel "joy" once again, a feeling that was buried inside my being since I was just a little kid, now I want to make the best of it, y' to everyone I didn't talked to during that phase, trying to learn lots of stuff everyday, telling my loved ones how much I care for them, et cetera.

I guess, after all the events that ended up hurting me so much, I realized how stupid it was to be dominated by them and waste some of my precious time I have left in this world. And I guess it's completely normal to feel down sometimes, we all have our ups and downs, but I am the living proof that we can all learn to control it and even to get over it.

In the near future, I want to aim my career to do something to help those who feel like they don't have anything to do in this world, to help them out of that hole of misery.

I just wanted to share this with you in case you've ever felt or still feel like least, I would be honoured to help out anyway I can. Or you can just share your story here.

Viva la vida! ^^

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling good once again ^^

i'm pretty sure that i have either depression or bipolar disorder (never been diagnosed or medicated... i'm a strong enough thinker that i can get through it when i need to) and i have a lot of ups and downs. the high points are GREAT, but the lows make me want to do things that just aren't logical.

i knew that i would have to do something, so i started doing things that i normally wouldn't. i started a small journal, actually. now, whenever the stuff in it starts to make sense to me again, i know that i'm starting to go into a low period, and i go for a walk. if that didn't work, i'd work on building something with my legos- i have a rather large technic set, so i can do some pretty cool stuff. :3

i do recommend the journal thing though. it acts as a pretty effective indicator of how you're feeling, even if you don't realize it.

I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you.

I'm fairly certain I suffer from depression as well. It runs in the family very frantic manic periods followed by one day or two of being unable to get out of bed.

I also know what it feels like to want to "check out early" on a bad day.

Any time you start feeling bad PM me we'll talk.