Thread: RIP Marco Simoncelli

Default RIP Marco Simoncelli

just found put that MotoGP rider Simoncelli has died on the Sepeng grand prix

Italian rider Marco Simoncelli has died after a horrific crash at the Malaysian MotoGP in Sepang.

The race was stopped after four minutes when Simoncelli's bike veered across the track at turn 11 into the path of Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi.

The 24-year-old had his helmet knocked off and was hit by both other riders.

Marco Simoncelli - Colin Edwards Crash in Sepang - Malaysia 2011...R.I.P. Marco! - YouTube i havent linked the video as it shows the crash and isn't for the faint of heart

RIP marco

I just saw the crash during a rebroadcast. Extremely unfortunate to fall like that.

I've always been a huge motorsports fan, and I've attended numerous two wheel road races in person. I'm continually amazed that there aren't multiple fatalities in every race, given the speed and close proximity of the contestants.

RIP Marco.