Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: No Dedicated Ranked Servers for MW3

  1. #1

    Default No Dedicated Ranked Servers for MW3

    Was actually considering buying it until this...
    http://community.callofduty.com/thread/4682

  2. #2

    Default

    Again? Looks like its using VAC too. Two bad points about the game already, didn't think they would make the same mistake twice. I was considering buying it, not anymore.

  3. #3

    Default

    How is this a bad thing? I mean, dedicated servers are supported, they just don't count towards getting perks on the Activision server, which seems fair to me.


    Sent from my iPhone

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    How is this a bad thing? I mean, dedicated servers are supported, they just don't count towards getting perks on the Activision server, which seems fair to me.


    Sent from my iPhone
    Generally I play with clans, and I normally enjoy going into my clans server and playing with my clan, and ranking up all at the same time. I don't want to have to queue into a party with my team to go into a match where I can't choose who the host is or where the host is, and if they bring back Host Mitigation like they did last time, they're going to have the same issues as MW2 did with Hacked Lobbies.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleNaruto View Post
    Again? Looks like its using VAC too. Two bad points about the game already, didn't think they would make the same mistake twice. I was considering buying it, not anymore.
    Really, how is VAC bad? I guess it possibly banned you for cheating in which case you likely deserved it.

    But yeah I guess they should of gone with Punkbuster, huh?

  6. #6

    Default

    The problem with VAC, is that, if you are wrongfully banned, you can't be unbanned. Ever. Because it doesn't happen

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Really, how is VAC bad? I guess it possibly banned you for cheating in which case you likely deserved it.

    But yeah I guess they should of gone with Punkbuster, huh?
    Nope, i've never cheated and my VAC status is good. VAC just fails at keeping cheaters out and like someone pointed out, wrongfully bans the wrong people. Punkbuster may be a little intrusive but at least it does a good job.

    ^.^

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    The problem with VAC, is that, if you are wrongfully banned, you can't be unbanned. Ever. Because it doesn't happen
    It's happened a few times. But everytime it does, the VAC account is reinstated. The last major one was in MW2 I think, Valve saw/fixed the problem and everyone that did get banned falsely got a free game. Portal I think, this was before it was free.



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleNaruto View Post
    Nope, i've never cheated and my VAC status is good. VAC just fails at keeping cheaters out and like someone pointed out, wrongfully bans the wrong people. Punkbuster may be a little intrusive but at least it does a good job.
    ^.^
    Nothing will likely keep out cheaters unless its a VERY draconian anti cheat system. However there have been many VAC bans and IMHO it's a lot better then punkbuster or total lack of anti cheating. Valve is acitivly hunting down cheating programs and mass banning them.

Similar Threads

  1. My dedicated Minecraft server!
    By LinkFloyd in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-Jun-2011, 01:25
  2. MineCraft-Servers
    By PampsAimi in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-May-2011, 20:15
  3. Game servers
    By Jcub in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-Jan-2011, 23:30
  4. Team Fortress 2 Dedicated Server
    By adaffme149 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-Sep-2009, 23:49
  5. This thread is dedicated to Batman.
    By BabyMullet in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 27-Jul-2008, 23:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.