Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nappies on a plane

Default Nappies on a plane

Hi folks,

I got a long haul flight coming up and thinking about getting on it padded. Thus I'd like to ask if there are any people with experience in this out there? I'm especially interested in any unforseen problems that could arise.

Cheers.

Only security I guess. If you keep spare nappies in your hand lugguage, it might get searched on the way through.

Only 2 issues i had. The first is security if they see the diaper in your bag if you get randomly search they will ask you about it. They did not torment me about it, just asked if its for me or not. If you dont get randomly searched and just putting the bag on the xray there should not be a problem from the times i have gone. Ive been padded down as well with no issues with the diaper on.

The second is changing a used diaper for a new one, try to get a handicap stall where you can rest things down and room to move. Because normal stalls have no space and the toilets don't have covers.

If you do go a change make sure you have the time to do so and that the bathroom is close to your gate. Last thing you want to do is try and change on to hear that your plane is boarding.

Besides that, flying on a 3 hour fight or more is so comfy knowing i don't have to squeeze pass the other people and wait at the back of the plane to get in to that tiny bathroom.

I've only flown a handful of times and the flights were under an hour, hour-and-a-half. But while using a diaper on a shorter flight is probably comfortable and convenient, especially if you're flying coach, you will want to get up at least once or twice to stretch your legs. I don't like sitting down for a long bus ride much less a plane.

Oh and notice how I resisted the urge to do a really bad Samuel L. Jackson quote?

I have flown many times and never had any trouble with security. I must admit I'm a little weary of those new fangled body scanning devices though.

Basically if you're too nervous to go through security whilst wearing a diaper, just bring one in your carry on luggage and put it on after getting through security. Make certain there is no other reason for them to search your bag (liquids, gels, etc...). I've had my bag searched due to concern for the water bottle I left in there, but the diapers (and they were Cushies, so.. yeah) were of no concern.

Give yourself extra time to find a comfortable bathroom. Hopefully your airport will have a "family bathroom" that is essentially private. If you don't know how to put a diaper on standing up, learn before hand. If you have to put it on in a public restroom setting, headphones with some music you like can go a long way toward reducing the stressfulness of that situation. Also don't wear any underwear. "Commando" because you won't actually have to take your pants off in the stall!

One thing I'd like to point out that has been discussed before is that peeing whilst sitting is not terribly easy for most of us, so if you're thinking this is a great way to have a window seat without having to get up, I would consider that fact.

I'm tired of these #!$%& nappies on this #!$%& Plane!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. :p

I fly weekly and have only had my diapers become an issue once. I was thickly diapered that day and they noticed, so they asked me to do a full-pat-down. Clearly, they noticed my diapers and asked me about them. I just asked for the pat-down in the private room. It was embarrassing, but exciting at the same time. I go through the body-scanners all of the time diapered and have NEVER had an issue (just make sure you're dry before you go through, I could imagine that they might raise some questions if you're wet or messy). The benefits of flying diapered as outlined above are many. It's SO much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    I'm tired of these #!$%& nappies on this #!$%& Plane!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. :p
    facepalm! XD

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    I fly weekly and have only had my diapers become an issue once. I was thickly diapered that day and they noticed, so they asked me to do a full-pat-down. Clearly, they noticed my diapers and asked me about them. I just asked for the pat-down in the private room. It was embarrassing, but exciting at the same time. I go through the body-scanners all of the time diapered and have NEVER had an issue (just make sure you're dry before you go through, I could imagine that they might raise some questions if you're wet or messy). The benefits of flying diapered as outlined above are many. It's SO much nicer.
    What if you're incon and you didn't know you were wet going through? Then what?

I'm thinking about taking a holiday soon, so I'm finding this page mostly reassuring.

Hmm... I wonder if the contents of a diaper counts towards the 200ml limit?

WarrenW

"Nappies on a plane "

That's better than 'Snakes On A Plane!'