Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COMPUTER HELP...Please...VIRUS

Default COMPUTER HELP...Please...VIRUS

I was downloading stuff and avast poped up and said a trojon was found before I could hit move to chest I got hit with an e-bomb. Then I tired to run avast scan it would not load. I won't boot from a cd now. I got it into safe mode runing good at the moment. Got avast to run while in safe mode but i don't know if it will find it. What do I do...HELP SOMEONE PLESE (btw i'm on a back-up pc

Now it won't move anything to the chest. I click repair. Hope it works...WHT CAN I DO.

download avg free edition version 8 and spybot search and destroy to help get rid of virus' and spyware.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post
    download avg free edition version 8 and spybot search and destroy to help get rid of virus' and spyware.
    It won't let me install anything on it..And it install a program on its own cal Antivirus XP 2008...MY computer is so DOOMED

If you can't do anything about it take it to the neasrest Best Buy or Circut City....their Geek Squad will sweep and clean it for you for a little more then a hundred bucks....rather that or buy a new computer?

If you don't want to spend $100...just reformat your C: drive...yeah you'll lose anything on that drive, but it's better than tossing out a pc (or $100)...with the price of harddrives these days...it'd probably be cheaper to buy a new harddrive than to get someone else to clean it for you. LOLz

Reformatting is easy, I've done it myself (more than once)! Of course, ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE THE WINDOWS CD or a RESTORE CD from the manufacturer.

Clean it yourself! If you got a Windows CD, do what ayanna said and reformat and reinstall Windows. You computer is most certainly *not* doomed .

I dunno why...but when I read your post, mm3...all I could think of was the Ents in LotR..."Doom dooom dooooom harooooooom"
    hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by isaactheman View Post
    If you can't do anything about it take it to the neasrest Best Buy or Circut City....their Geek Squad will sweep and clean it for you for a little more then a hundred bucks....rather that or buy a new computer?
    Dont go anywhere near Geek Squad or Firedog for your computer... EVER.
    Run a boot time scan with Avast.. it be my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by isaactheman View Post
    Lol, I can provide a download link to the auto-pilot program geek squad uses, they're rip offs.

Dont go anywhere near Geek Squad or Firedog for your computer... EVER.
    They both suck. They're nothing but amateur retards who don't know the difference between SATA and their ass. I'm serious! I came home after a weekend away to see my grandfather have called geek squad because he couldn't call me on my phone. What happened? He couldn't get to his email. They sat there for 4 hours trying to figure out the problem, which was because his computer wasn't connected to the WiFi in the house. They don't know jack! They tore the whole computer apart and was going to charge him $500 for the "repairs", but I fixed it in 30 seconds so they left without a nickle!

Dorks.