Thread: Would you have this car?

DLteen96

Default Would you have this car?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chevrolet-camaro-ss.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	6295
    Last edited by DLteen96; 22-Oct-2011 at 01:36.

'67/'68? Yes, if I could afford it I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I want! I did have one similar to it, a 1967 Pontiac LeMans convertible. I built it for the track and had fun racing it. Like a fool I sold it. Do I ever regret that.

It's a very nice looking car. But I don't really know what I'm looking at, to be totally honest. I went to a vintage car show once with my friends and was sometimes picking cars simply because I liked the sparkly paint coats or the certain way they looked.

But I really did fall for this big red cadillac that was there! It was so well looked after and really BIG! I don't know how the man who owned it managed to pay for all the petrol but they are lovely looking cars. There were some really old ones that looked as though they'd incorporated designs from when they had horse drawn carriages and the seats in those were like someone put a loungeroom couch in the back. And no seat belts!

Anyway, this particular car, yeah I'd have it, with my imaginary stack of never ending money, I'm sure I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Reason: Because it looks nice.

XD Maybe this is because I'm a girl, but that's my real reasoning.

Heh, I wouldn't be able to afford the insurance XD Actually that really depends on whether you could get it insured as an antique, but Lord knows I don't have time to fiddle around with antiques :/

Id love it

An Old 60s Camero or Mustang would be great. Hell even a charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Anyway, this particular car, yeah I'd have it, with my imaginary stack of never ending money, I'm sure I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Reason: Because it looks nice.
    Exactly. And I'd need a bigger garage, because this would spend 8 months of the year in it, while I take my daily driver out in the nasty weather. IRL, both my grandmothers had Camaros (about that vintage) back in the day. "Maxx, could you take a look at my tires? I think they might be bald because they always spin when I step on the gas....."

No, absolutely not. The only way I'd own that car is if someone gave it to me, and the first thing I'd do with it is put a "For Sale" sign in it and wring just as much money out of it as I could to buy a proper classic. I've never liked Camaros, not the old ones, not the new ones, not the F-body pieces of shit from the '80s and '90s. They started out as a "Me too" car, then became the welfare sports car and redneck sports car of choice, and now they're ugly-ass nostalgia pieces for baby boomers with no taste. It wouldn't be so bad, but every damn Camaro ever made was ugly and misproportioned, too. Even the old ones in the original muscle car era looked like they've paid a few too many visits to the All-You-Can-Eat buffet with that fat-ass rear end, and the new ones really amplified that effect. The only ones that even looked sporty were the *twitch* '80s and '90s F-bodied versions, but then those suffered from god-awful interiors and the worst of 1980s design.

This is one of those conversations that I can never have with my father, either, as he bought a '79 Camaro Z-28 as a graduation gift to himself and loved it. Apparently he totaled it when he hit a deer at 110 mph in the early '80s. Also, I think that car might be part of how my parents came to be together, and even now my mom lusts after Camaros. Oh well, I suppose...

DLteen96

Question Would you have this car? #2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sucp_1011_09+SEMA_automotive_hobby_information+custom_chevy.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	6300

Pretty HOT car