Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Diaper at Wallgreens?

Sheepz

Default Best Diaper at Wallgreens?

Finally taking the plunge tomorrow, going to walk over to Wallgreens in the morning and buy some diapers. What are in your opinion the best ones available there?

Well, in my personal opinion, Depends Maximum Protection would be a safe bet. They're readily available, very competitive in price (around $16-$19 USD for a pack -covers both size options) and have the plastic crinkly outer shell.

Here is the caveat though; they're designed more for incon persons, so they're not going to absorb/hold like the specifically designed premium AB diapers. But if you use them enough times you can figure out how to make them work for you.

Again this is just my personal opinion and others may have a better suggestion.

Sheepz

Is there any chance of me squeezing into some Pampers or Pull-Ups with a 33' waist? I want the most baby like stuff I can find.

This makes me realize how us older members are lucky in that we grew up with cloth and plastic pants, so we identify with that. Cloth is always cloth, so we can get a larger version of what we wore as babies. Unlike the disposable diaper companies, companies which make plastic pants also cater to us, making very babyish looking plastic pants with all sorts of prints.

I sympathize with those who identify with disposables, having worn them as a baby. It's much more difficult to find a babyish replica, and you definitely have to go on line to find them.

BabyJayk

Walgreens brand briefs are what I wear and are a good bet for the price. you get a pack of 40 mediums for around $20.
    They don't work so well on their own but double them up and they work better than some of the pricier diapers I have worn.

Buddy, I have a 34in waist and pampers and huggies and the like just don't cut it. Sorry to say so but if you want a good fit and something you can actually wet/mess you are going to need something designed for a person heavier than 30-40lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepz View Post
    Is there any chance of me squeezing into some Pampers or Pull-Ups with a 33' waist? I want the most baby like stuff I can find.
    33 feet? Heheh... NO CHANCE. Seriously, though: If it's your mission to put on a baby diaper, then the answer is "probably," especially as you said "squeezing," which is what it definitely will be! You'll want Pampers Cruisers 7, and you'll have to spend a little time stretching the elastic before you try putting them on. I have a 38" waist, so it can be done, but are they ever TIGHT. Pull-Ups will pop, though. Huggies elastic is just not stretchy enough. Goodnites would be your best bet for a non-adult pull-up, if you're just trying to avoid the adult stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I sympathize with those who identify with disposables, having worn them as a baby. It's much more difficult to find a babyish replica, and you definitely have to go on line to find them.
    Indeed. Although cloth is pretty much online-only anymore, even for babies. (Babies 'R' Us sells Gerber, but Gerber isn't even what it used to be.) I remember walking past bags of new prefolds in the grocery store back in the mid 1980's and wanting them sooooo badly. Bygone days!

LL

Sheepz

Shame about the Pull-Ups those were my favorite when I was little. Sounds like I should go with the depends, the Pampers sounds like it will be too tight of a fit to be enjoyable, let alone wetting them.

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    33 feet? Indeed. Although cloth is pretty much online-only anymore, even for babies. (Babies 'R' Us sells Gerber, but Gerber isn't even what it used to be.) I remember walking past bags of new prefolds in the grocery store back in the mid 1980's and wanting them sooooo badly. Bygone days!

LL
    My first store purchases of diapers, many years ago, were Gerber baby cloth diapers and plastic pants. The Toddler sized plastic pants fit me, and I suspect they still would. I could make a diaper out of the flat diaper, using baby safety pins and stuff them with the pre-folds. It was very babyish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepz View Post
    Shame about the Pull-Ups those were my favorite when I was little. Sounds like I should go with the depends, the Pampers sounds like it will be too tight of a fit to be enjoyable, let alone wetting them.
    I've heard that the Walgreens store brand, "Certainty," is much better than Depends, and has a cloth-like backing, which would be more like a modern baby diaper. I haven't tried them myself, but most people here seem to like them better than Depends.

As for Pampers, yeah, the functionality is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    I've heard that the Walgreens store brand, "Certainty," is much better than Depends . . . but most people here seem to like them better than Depends.
    Amen to that. When I bought depends, they leaked every time (except, luckily at a JAMES concert). So many times I had to scrub my carpet because of the leaks. The Walgreen brand ones do work well; they haven't leaked on me once.