Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moammar Gadhafi Is Dead.

Default Moammar Gadhafi Is Dead.

Libyan Dictator Moammar Gadhafi Is Dead - ABC News

This is awesome news. From what I've heard he was a horrible leader especially when he sent his military to attack protesters thus inciting a civil war in his own country. Hopefully Libya only get's better with more democracy.

While this may be the step in the right direction for Libya, one should never celebrate death. The country has a lot to go through now to recover from the dictatorship and stabilizing a new form of government and the country itself. I wish them the best of luck.

It was bound to happen. He was to much of a character to disappear completely. Evil, yes, but quite the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinpjs00 View Post
    While this may be the step in the right direction for Libya, one should never celebrate death.
    I'd like to see you tell the Libyans that, most of them are pretty happy ;-)

I'm still unsure about this Arab Spring thing all they have done is managed to kill their old incompetent strongmen and replace them with God knows what. This is going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinpjs00 View Post
    While this may be the step in the right direction for Libya, one should never celebrate death.
    I disagree with that, specifically for people who make a living off the killing and oppression of their own people, or a drug cartel leader or a cartel henchman, etc.

Supersam1223

Has it been confirmed? Because last I saw it was all rumours and grainy videos.

Quote Originally Posted by SubterraneanSun View Post
    It was bound to happen. He was to much of a character to disappear completely. Evil, yes, but quite the character.
    I think the term you are looking for is "Cult of Personality". Also a great song

Slowly, but surely, a lot of the terrible and infamous people of the world seem to be falling.

This is spectacular news. Hopefully Libia is finally free of terrible dictatorships such as the one Gadhafi placed upon them?

It might take a long time for the Libyan people to set up their own government; Iraq is still in the process of converting to a democracy, even though Saddam fell years ago.
    But hopefully this is a step in the right direction!