Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interested in ships and shipwrecks?

DLteen96

Post Interested in ships and shipwrecks?

Im a 14 yr old dl and i have a huge interest in ships/shipwrecks after watching Titanic when i was 6. Now I know ALOT of shipwrecks like how/when they sankhow many died etc i even know the worst sinking in history. anyone else like me?

I do as well. I grew up on Barnegat Bay, New Jersey, and there were many shipwrecks there. After a hurricane, and old hull came up from under the sand. One of the things the old pineys used to do was build a fire on the beach. The ship captains would think it was a light house and steer for it. When they'd wreck, the locals would savage the cargo. It's all so incredibly interesting. I don't know if you ever so the movie "The Fog", but it's basically about that.

I like Military ones. Iv Been to the USS Arizona and would love to dive on some other WWII pacific theatre ones some day, specifically the USS Saratoga and the IJN Nagato.

DLteen96

i just maid a shipwreck interest group u guys should join

The Bermuda Triangle shipwrecks are pretty interesting.

Bermuda Triangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    the number of lost aircraft/ships isn't much higher than anywhere else in the ocean.

(back on topic) I'm not really into ships, specifically, but anything mechanical in nature sparks my interest. Especially things of military origin. tanks, planes, strange guns, bridges; you name it, i can probably tell you how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by DLteen96 View Post
    Im a 14 yr old dl and i have a huge interest in ships/shipwrecks after watching Titanic when i was 6. Now I know ALOT of shipwrecks like how/when they sankhow many died etc i even know the worst sinking in history. anyone else like me?
    I absolutely LOVE shipwrecks- and all maritime history. If you want a good read, pick up In the Heart of the Sea. Awesome, awesome book.

My father also just bought an antique harpoon for his living room. My mother isn't as thrilled.

I too, love shipwrecks!! I have studied them a lot, from Titanic to Lusitania to Andrea Doria to Edmund Fitzgerald!! Along with many others, like Bismarck & Britannic!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLteen96 View Post
    I'm curious- Iowa? How'd this happen?

I only like the Titanic. I do know about the Andrea Doria. That was like another Titanic disaster except it was caused by the collision and almost everyone survived. But the ship tipped and they had to have other ships give them their lifeboats for the passengers because they couldn't get to all their lifeboats.