Thread: Has someone you've known ever been more interested in this than you are (Sometimes)?

Default Has someone you've known ever been more interested in this than you are (Sometimes)?

I was just wondering this.

It seems as though I'm in this situation. Don't get me wrong though, I love it! You see, sometimes my girlfriend and I talk about getting a nursery in the future. We'll talk about it a scattered bit, then drop it in favor of another topic.

But, today when I woke up I had a message on facebook (more like 7). All of them were different things like mobiles, feety pajamas, giraffe themes (my favorite!)

I was pretty interested in all of this, but my gf said she was very excited!

So, has anyone else found themselves in this situation? Just someone they know who has taken a huge interest in their fetish life?

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast View Post
    So, has anyone else found themselves in this situation? Just someone they know who has taken a huge interest in their fetish life?
    I'm assuming your GF isn't "one of us"? She's not ABDL herself?

If that's the case then I wouldn't be too surprised about this kind of thing, and it's probably just a phase.
    Haven't you ever been going out with someone and really into them, and you want to find out everything about them? Find out about all their likes and dis-likes, all the music they like, all the books they read, all their hobbies? My guess is this is just the same thing. It will probably settle down soon enough, she'll experiment and find her own level.

It is possible she's coming around to it if she isn't, but riddle is probably right too. That she's just an awesome person who just wants to make you happy. I've never had my TBDLism come up IRL nor has anyone taken that active of an interest in it. I would love to be in your position though and am glad that it's working out for you. Congrats!

My fiancee is kind of like this sometimes. I would never say that she is more interested in AB/DLism than me (that would be pretty hard), but many times she surprises me with her level of interest. Sometimes she'll bring up random things she read on ADISC or cute things she has seen at the store. It always makes me feel so lucky to have someone that cares about me so much that she cares about the things I care about for my sake.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    I'm assuming your GF isn't "one of us"? She's not ABDL herself?

If that's the case then I wouldn't be too surprised about this kind of thing, and it's probably just a phase.
    Haven't you ever been going out with someone and really into them, and you want to find out everything about them? Find out about all their likes and dis-likes, all the music they like, all the books they read, all their hobbies? My guess is this is just the same thing. It will probably settle down soon enough, she'll experiment and find her own level.
    I would say this.

Depends on how long the relationship has been going on I guess. Though, it is certainly a possibility that someone can be presented with an idea and then find more enjoyment out of it than the presenter. When I was tossing around the idea of meeting someone else that was into AB, it was certainly something I wondered about. "Maybe she'll want to be like this all the time while I'm home? I don't think I'd like that... What if she's into a different facet of it than I am?" etc. But, really, all those things are pretty normal issues in any relationship. They just don't tend to be AB related. Same sort of thing if someone likes having sex more often than the other... or cuddling more than the other... or talking more than the other... You find a balance that works for the two of you if you can and make compromises for each other if you can. Or you don't/can't and move on.

The general concept is pretty standard at least.

I can't say I've had this issue, as I've never told anyone about it... even the one person I'd take a bullet without hesitation for. But I've certainly had people that were interested in me take a large interest in... my interests. Like movies... music... science or aspects of those things they normally wouldn't care about. And I've done that with others. That's something that will continue throughout the relationship (hopefully): interest in things for the sole pleasure of the pleasure it creates in the other person.

I guess you guys could be right. Maybe it is a phase or maybe she is just doing it to make me happy.

But, she has been into my fetish since before we started dating ,I told her prior to commencing the relationship. We've been dating almost a year and a half now with no problems realating to my fetish. She's very into it and we've done most things that ab/dls have their sight set on. I guess it could just be a phase though. I'll have to wait and see.

-Ron