Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kinda on a nerving edge

Default kinda on a nerving edge

So some samples that I was looking into came into the mail today (thinking that they would come later...) and I hear that it came in Sat. and I see they are open... Now my nerves are on an edge

Any help? :x

Deny all knowledge!
    Say it's a prank or reckless curiosity... Say, even, they for a friend who was too shy to have them ordered to their own house.
    But...
    ... Don't bring it up first. Wait to be asked about them. It usually seems the best way.

Good luck - do let us know!

Ugh. Sorry to hear it. There probably isn't much to do, though, except wait and see. If, after several days, your mom hasn't said anything, then I'd say it's all up to you (in which case I'd be inclined to declare victory and try to move on!). In the meantime, I suppose it couldn't hurt to decide how you would explain it if confronted about it. I expect most would advise against feigning bed-wetting issues or anything that might land you in a doctor's office.

My mom found a wet diaper in my room when I was young and just experimenting with diapers. She took it and never said anything. I was nervous like crazy for a couple of days, just waiting for the hammer to fall. It sucked! But there's a bit of a survival angle to this lifestyle that can't be denied.

Best of luck and hang in there!
    LL

I was thinking of denying it to be honest but she kept chatting I could see the look in her eyes (even though it is night) and she wasn't looking at me but kinda behind me where I was trying to place the box.... Even asked if she could look inside (In my mind I was like AHH SHE KNOWS!! *dies* Dx) but I was able to change the subject and her mind... I think :/

ps: thanks for the advice and helps it has calmed meh down just a bit ^^
    Last edited by lilSky; 17-Oct-2011 at 05:08.

Try not to be too suspicious. Since she already knows, treat the matter casually. You'll blow your cover the moment you let her know that you don't want her to know -- that's what indicates that it means something to you. If she brings it up, I'd go with one of the options Dan suggested. Play it cool and you'll be fine

I tried to pass it off like I took some sorta advertisement to get free gamer points (seeing as how she says I game like all the time <<)
    but I can't figure what to do with the box from the mail x/
    Do I keep the stuff and throw the box away saying it wasn't anything or throw it all away?

Quote Originally Posted by lilSky View Post
    Do I keep the stuff and throw the box away saying it wasn't anything or throw it all away?
    Depends on your ability to hide your stuff.
    Do you have somewhere?
    Is it somewhere she'll look or clean?
    Can you live with the tension?
    If you're struggling to recover the situation, it may just be easier to dump it and have a clean break... Maybe try again another week

Quote Originally Posted by lilSky View Post
    I tried to pass it off like I took some sorta advertisement to get free gamer points (seeing as how she says I game like all the time <<)
    Whatever you do, make sure it's consistent with your alibi. It's unclear to me whether you claimed it was sent to you by accident or whether you claimed you deliberately ordered them just to get the gamer's points. If the former, it's probably best to follow up with "I threw them away" and either use them quick and discretely dispose of them. If the latter, maybe let them kick around for a while in the box, as if you really don't care about them, and return to them once this all blows over. Just don't try to hide them unless you're confident you can put them somewhere she'll never find them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    Depends on your ability to hide your stuff.
    Do you have somewhere?
    Is it somewhere she'll look or clean?
    Can you live with the tension?
    If you're struggling to recover the situation, it may just be easier to dump it and have a clean break... Maybe try again another week
    Some serious questions lets see.. o.o
    I like to think I have a good spot (using a computer case in the closet to hold it?)
    I can live, unless I have nothing but free time to think on it
    as for the situation idk it's kinda on hiatus I guess :x

thanks for the clarity Dan helps bring things to perspective.

you too slim, just didn't see your post until mine was done being typed xD

Sounds like she is trying to bring it up by letting you lead, especially if she opened it and is still asking you to see it. I'd say if your in your teens, leave them sit out like above, if it's not hidden, then she won't suspect anything is secret about them