Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the biggest?

Default What's the biggest?

K, so I was just wondering, two questions actually...
    1.) What's the largest child diaper?
    2.) This one kinda braches off the last... what's the largest plastic child diapers availible?

Any reply will be appreciated, I get child ones because it seems less suspicious cause i'm still paranoid about buying, what if i see someone i know????? augh!

the "largest" would be pampers size 7. The largest baby plastic back diaper is nothing.. no one makes plastic backed baby diapers anymore. Tough the plastic is there, its just under the "cloth" cover. the cloth and fluff don't let the plastic rustle.

Millenniumfalsehood

Which I don't understand. Why would a baby care if it's diaper rustled or was really thick? Granted, the thicker diapers would require larger pants, but I still don't get the whole concept of a diaper needing to be quiet for a baby. The only thing I can think of is that parents who need to diaper older children would want to protect them from exposure. But anyone whose tried Luvs knows that those diapers are possibly the loudest brand to wear.

Does anyone know why they put cloth covers on baby diapers?

Just occurred to me: where can you find Pampers size 7? None of the local stores have them, and my town has WalMart, Country Mart, Dillons, and a few Dollar Stores.
    Last edited by Peachy; 16-Aug-2008 at 07:59. Reason: merging double post

Quote Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
    Does anyone know why they put cloth covers on baby diapers?
    As I recall from the ads at the time, it was pushed as a comfort thing for babies, which seems pretty dubious to me. I tend to think it was just something that seemed like a change and in that very competitive market, the manufacturers are always looking for something that appears to be a positive difference. The reaction must have been generally positive and the other companies copied it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    the "largest" would be pampers size 7. The largest baby plastic back diaper is nothing.. no one makes plastic backed baby diapers anymore. Tough the plastic is there, its just under the "cloth" cover. the cloth and fluff don't let the plastic rustle.

So does that include Underjams, or just BABY bay diapers?

I wasn't sure if the pull-up kind for 13/14 year olds that wet the bed counted as true "kids" diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    As I recall from the ads at the time, it was pushed as a comfort thing for babies, which seems pretty dubious to me. I tend to think it was just something that seemed like a change and in that very competitive market, the manufacturers are always looking for something that appears to be a positive difference. The reaction must have been generally positive and the other companies copied it.
    The cloth cover IS more comfortable for babies, Trevor. They don't have that nasty plastic stuff sticking to their chubby lil legs 'n tummies! My kids wore plastic covered disposables...my granddaughter wore (she's all trained now!) the cloth cover...I have to admit...I think the plastic cover was better for holding in the wetness...but the cloth 'breathes' and allows air to get on baby's lil tushie! As a mother & grandmother I can see the benefits of the cloth-covering for the baby's over-all comfort.

*wonders why anyone would want to know what the largest size 'baby' diaper was....not like it's gonna fit most people over the age of 6 or 7*

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by gman1225 View Post
    K, so I was just wondering, two questions actually...
    1.) What's the largest child diaper?
    2.) This one kinda braches off the last... what's the largest plastic child diapers availible?

Any reply will be appreciated, I get child ones because it seems less suspicious cause i'm still paranoid about buying, what if i see someone i know????? augh!
    The largest child diaper is Pampers size 7 or Huggies Pull-Ups and Pampers Easy-Ups (if you don't mind putting them on like underwear, unlike real diapers). Unfortunately, I don't know about number two.

Don't sweat it, Gman. Just go somewhere a little far away from where you live, then just get in, get the diapers, pay, and get out. But don't rush... that's rather suspicious. Anyway, good luck! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by gman1225 View Post
    There are several brands of plastic covered "youth" diapers, such as Tranquility ATNs, but they resemble an adult diaper, and would have two or more tapes per side.

Unfortunately, there are no baby diapers manufactured with a plastic outer cover any more with the exception of some designed for newborns/preemies (read: VERY small).

Quote Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
    But anyone whose tried Luvs knows that those diapers are possibly the loudest brand to wear.
    That's actually not true. Goodnites are very loud when theyre wet and still pretty noisy when dry. The luvs are big and stretchier than pamp size 7. They're all still good diapers to buy, but I like luvs the best. (especially with those cute blues clues designs!)

Actually, I measured, and I found that Pampers Baby-Dry Size Six is about the same six as Cruisers Size Seven... but the Baby Dry stretches more and is more absorbent.