Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Video Card Came today!!!

Default New Video Card Came today!!!

Well my new video card arrived today, wewt, mom didn't tell me about it until late though, because all my friends were here -.-. Anyways, me and my dad just put it in, and set it up, and let me say, I'm impressed.

At first I didn't notice that much of a graphics change, but then I started looking at some stuff on the internet and saw the difference. Plus it can run WoW on high res, high refresh rate, and high coloring (or whatever it's called) and have about the same lag as my old card had on about medium, not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm thinking I may have to check for more drivers or something =/.

I don't want to try out any other games right now though, kinda lazy XD, just kinda one look around the internet for a while.

What brand? I just got an AMD quad core computer but it has on board graphics. Looking to upgrade and curious about what is out there..

Thx

It's an 8600, but if you have the money, I would update to something better maybe in the 9 series.

Be sure to download the new Physics driver that they released

Force Within: Download

=D

the best price/preform ace value right now is a ATI 4850 video card. It might cost say 165 bucks but its worth it. Also snapcrotch I hope you got a computer with a PCI Express 16x slot otherwise your stuck with shitty graphics. Also Fallen I tried to download that never driver but I don't want any of those demos so I just check the new driver and its not downloading anything. Also barely any video game supports Ageia Physics.

Also snapcrotch I hope you got a computer with a PCI Express 16x slot otherwise your stuck with shitty graphics.
    Don't forget a 6-pin cable(s) on your 300w+ PSU! hah!

Awesome purchase (*scuffs at WoW* -- try CoD4! !), the 8 series is slowly aging, but the 8500GTX surely ain't failing -- so I'm not complaining!

XD, they 8 series might be failing, but I'm pretty sure that my old video card was in the negative failing position O.o.

Oh also I got a free 11 level demo of Portal, and some peggle game, plus I got free HL DM and HL lost coast, which I already have both I believe, I just never play lost coast.

EDIT: Played COD4 and it was really fun, I realised I didn't like it because it lagged so much, now theres like NOOO lag at all.
    Last edited by Samaki; 16-Aug-2008 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaki View Post
    XD, they 8 series might be failing, but I'm pretty sure that my old video card was in the negative failing position O.o.

Oh also I got a free 11 level demo of Portal, and some peggle game, plus I got free HL DM and HL lost coast, which I already have both I believe, I just never play lost coast.

EDIT: Played COD4 and it was really fun, I realised I didn't like it because it lagged so much, now theres like NOOO lag at all.
    Just get The Orange Box. Every game in there is great, Half Life 2: Episode 1 I think is the worst game in it. Anyways its only 39.99 for 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Just get The Orange Box. Every game in there is great, Half Life 2: Episode 1 I think is the worst game in it. Anyways its only 39.99 for 5 games.
    O.o, really I thought it was like $90 =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaki View Post
    O.o, really I thought it was like $90 =/.
    The highest its ever been on PC is 49.99 I think the 360 and PS3 charge a extra ten dollars just for it being 360 or PS3 which are far worse then the PC version.