Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discreet shipping versus customs

Default Discreet shipping versus customs

To those who've imported diapers: What was your experience with respect to customs and the discreetness of shipping?

I have seldom ordered anything from a non-US business, and when I have, I've never really paid close attention to what information ended up on the outside of the box. Now, as I contemplate ordering some diapers from Rearz in Canada, I find myself wondering: Are they going to be forced to plainly declare "diapers" on the outside of the package for customs? That would tend to defeat any discreetness!

Pardon my ignorance.

LL

I'm wondering this for stuff that's leaving the US (ordered some baby print plastic pants) to come to the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    To those who've imported diapers: What was your experience with respect to customs and the discreetness of shipping?

I have seldom ordered anything from a non-US business, and when I have, I've never really paid close attention to what information ended up on the outside of the box. Now, as I contemplate ordering some diapers from Rearz in Canada, I find myself wondering: Are they going to be forced to plainly declare "diapers" on the outside of the package for customs? That would tend to defeat any discreetness!

Pardon my ignorance.

LL
    Bought from babykins whose in canada and it was shipped as if they were in america.

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    Bought from babykins whose in canada and it was shipped as if they were in america.
    Well, that's... good. So it didn't have "medical garments" or any other diaper euphemisms on the package?

*adds Babykins to list of discreetness-approved diaper stores*

LL

Nope, it was 100% the same as american discreete shippers. I forgot what it said on the return however but i think it said "babykins" on it. I'm getting a package this week, i can pm you what it says and take a pic if you want.

eh, I prefer to bluntly go down to Commonwealth Pharmacy and man up, buy the diapers, and walk out of the store with the package exposed. That probably explains why I do a lot of incontinence runs there when I go to work as there are a lot of incontinent people where I work.

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    Nope, it was 100% the same as american discreete shippers. I forgot what it said on the return however but i think it said "babykins" on it. I'm getting a package this week, i can pm you what it says and take a pic if you want.
    Well, that is good news. Thanks! I'll take your word for it; no pic necessary.

I'll probably put in an order to Rearz over the weekend. It won't be shipping to my house, but rather to my place of work. A bit less of a hazard regardless, but I'd still prefer not to be questioned (and have to make something up)!

Quote Originally Posted by Techorganna View Post
    eh, I prefer to bluntly go down to Commonwealth Pharmacy and man up, buy the diapers, and walk out of the store with the package exposed. That probably explains why I do a lot of incontinence runs there when I go to work as there are a lot of incontinent people where I work.
    Oh, I have no trouble manning up. I'm ordering cloth diapers, though. If I could get them from a pharmacy or supermarket, I would!

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    Well, that is good news. Thanks! I'll take your word for it; no pic necessary.

I'll probably put in an order to Rearz over the weekend. It won't be shipping to my house, but rather to my place of work. A bit less of a hazard regardless, but I'd still prefer not to be questioned (and have to make something up)!

Oh, I have no trouble manning up. I'm ordering cloth diapers, though. If I could get them from a pharmacy or supermarket, I would!
    Hey, me too! And a onesie! However it's taken over a week to deliver, so long.

I shipped several bags of vintage depends over the border. they readily accepted "Mobility Aids" on the customs form.

I been trying to find the one site that did overseas shipping to the US.
    They said they listed diapers like adult briefs. Or something similar.

You should check with them. Maybe in there shipping info it might say.