Thread: Accepting Myself

Default Accepting Myself

I am having a hard time accepting myself as an adult baby/sissy baby. It is making my life very tough right now. Any tips from u veteran ABs or sissy baby's that can help me out?

I can't really comment on the sissy side of things but up until not too long ago I was the same when it came to accepting my ABDL side. I knew I liked this stuff but it was repressed for various reasons. Finally accepting it has really changed my life around. It might not be easy to accept it, but it's certainly easier than trying to repress it.

It might help if you could let us know what part of it you're having trouble accepting? Is it what other people think, that you just don't like being 'different' or something else entirely?

Accepting yourself takes time. You need to become comfortable with everything that you do.
    I think the most efficient way to understand how your head thinks is to think about being a TB and a sissy before going to sleep. During sleep, your brain processes and sorts information and events. You need to familiarize yourself with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3stersGhost View Post
    I am having a hard time accepting myself as an adult baby/sissy baby. It is making my life very tough right now. Any tips from u veteran ABs or sissy baby's that can help me out?
    Without a little more background as to what's specifically causing you distress, it's hard to give specific advice.

Supposing you're concerned that you're a freak, well, take a look around here and you'll see a bunch of other "freaks" that, by-and-large and day-to-day, are normal average individuals that just happen to like diapers. I go to class (formerly to work), I pay my taxes and my bills, and I generally stay out of trouble. I suspect nearly everyone else here could say the same things.

If you're coming at it from a Christian angle, consider this: God didn't mention anything about it in the bible, so if you're not stealing to buy diapers, or coveting someone else's diapers, et cetera, and if you're fulfilling your other responsibilities and not giving your fellows the short-shrift, you're probably just fine. God didn't have any specific prohibitions against underwear choices or pleasure.

Speaking of that last part, really, that's true in life in general-if you're not hurting anyone else, and you're not shirking your duties and responsibilities, and you're not giving your fellows the short-shrift, then you're probably just fine. The key is balance, so if you're able to enjoy diapers and still fulfill the other responsibilities you have, then you're probably ok.

Depends how old you are. You will have a rough patch for a while, this is when you truly accept yourself. I knew I was trans from the time i was 8. But it took till 22 for me to let myself believe it. I was useless for 3 weeks.

As with any new thing- a different car, a move to a new home, it will feel foreign for a while, but you will settle in. It's just a little rougher because its inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Without a little more background as to what's specifically causing you distress, it's hard to give specific advice.

Supposing you're concerned that you're a freak, well, take a look around here and you'll see a bunch of other "freaks" that, by-and-large and day-to-day, are normal average individuals that just happen to like diapers. I go to class (formerly to work), I pay my taxes and my bills, and I generally stay out of trouble. I suspect nearly everyone else here could say the same things.

If you're coming at it from a Christian angle, consider this: God didn't mention anything about it in the bible, so if you're not stealing to buy diapers, or coveting someone else's diapers, et cetera, and if you're fulfilling your other responsibilities and not giving your fellows the short-shrift, you're probably just fine. God didn't have any specific prohibitions against underwear choices or pleasure.

Speaking of that last part, really, that's true in life in general-if you're not hurting anyone else, and you're not shirking your duties and responsibilities, and you're not giving your fellows the short-shrift, then you're probably just fine. The key is balance, so if you're able to enjoy diapers and still fulfill the other responsibilities you have, then you're probably ok.
    Thank you for the help! I have just been feeling really alone, and different lately. So I went out and bought some diapers and it was an amazing experience. I think my journey has just begun and it is going to be awesome!!!!

Thank you for the help! I have just been feeling really alone, and different lately. So I went out and bought some diapers and it was an amazing experience. I think my journey has just begun and it is going to be awesome!!!!
    I'm glad to see that you're doing better! Self-discovery is always a good thing, so take the time to enjoy it and smell the proverbial (and real if you wander past some) roses.

Awesome! Glad to hear you're getting into the swing of things! ^_^

For me, it was getting comfortable with the whole concept. Possessing the feelings of an ABDL (or sissy) and actually acting upon those thoughts are two different things. While the former is organic and grows within you on its own, the latter takes working up your courage and stepping into uncharted waters.

Purchasing some padding is a fantastic step! As a caveat, like with anything, it can take practice to find that perfect combination and atmosphere you're looking for. It won't always be awkward (if it is at all for you) and it also won't be magical every time. However, by getting a feel for what allows you to step in tune with what your soul is seeking, you will be able to find contentment.