Thread: Bambino leaked again

Default Bambino leaked again

So I haven't had a chance to wear diapers in a long time so I figured I'd try to sleep in them. I had only ever slept in them one other time and I didn't have a problem so I gave it a shot again, this time on a weekday.

So the sleeping was fine until I woke up at 6:30 with a sinus headache. I felt the urge to go to the bathroom and rolled onto my back and used the diaper for its intended purposes. I then rolled back onto my left side and I felt moisture on the right side of the diaper where the tapes are. It seems a bit of urine migrated over. I took off the diaper to confirm and even noticed that the the urine had even made it onto the back padding of the diaper, which I've never seen happen before.

This is the second time that I've had urine flood to the right side before. The last time, I was on my reclining sofa and was in a laying down position and wet and the same thing happened, soaking the bottom half of my shirt even.

Am I doing something wrong? I figured laying down would be an okay position to use a diaper in, but now I'm having second thoughts.

For starters I'm a girl, so things might be a little different, but I have had the same thing happen once as well. I was wearing at night and woke up in the morning and went in the diaper. I went little bits at a time, not flooding, and then I rolled back onto my side. i felt warmth and got up and sure enough the Bambino had leaked. I did the same thing the next morning, but this time I stayed on my back a little bit longer, a minute or two, and then rolled back over and had no problem. I think that because I was laying down the pee didn't have as much area of the diaper that it could hit and absorb and was taking a little longer to absorb all the way. Try letting urine go in small amounts and then give the diaper a little time to abosorb before you roll back over.

You really can't lay on your side in any diaper. The leg gathers will stop some moisture, but if you had just wet and the diaper hadn't had time to soak up yet than you have a good chance of a leak. Most diapers don't wick moisture into the padding immediately. I takes a little bit of time. So when it's still puddling on the top of the diaper, there is time for it to move around.

My suggestion would be to get comfortable either on your back or tummy and wait a few minutes after you wet before moving. You may also check how well you are doing the tapes. They take a little practice. If they are loose, there is a better chance you'll leak.

Like the poster above me suggested, if at all possible, try and lie on your back or stomach before wetting, then wait a minute or so before moving.

Yup, it's just as these guys say, you've gotta let the diaper soak it up a bit before you start moving around a bit.

Thank you for all of the responses. Next time, I will let the urine soak for two minutes before moving around. Hopefully that will keep my skin and bed dry.

bambinos take a particularly long time to absorb moisture, in my experience. there are other diapers like molicares and dry 24/7s that absorb more quickly so that you don't wind up with a puddle of pee in your diaper that slowly soaks in.

Hi I'm new to this forum, and came across this string. While on a business trip I had the idea to purchase those pet house training pads. The reason I did this is because I had read reviews of the Dry 24/7 diapers and wanted to see if in fact they were the extreme adsorbent diapers they claimed to be. While very skeptical in the beginning that they could outperform an Abena X-plus. Despite my best efforts they didn't leak until the morning when I had my morning wetting. To keep this relevant, whenever I wear bambino at night I always toss a pad or two down so I won't have to wash the sheets every time they get out-wetted. Its nice to not have to stand up and carefully let go in the morning when you can spend that last few minutes in bed!