Thread: Clothing in my size?

OmorashiShoujo

Default Clothing in my size?

Ne ne, everyone, I was wondering about how to get clothing that fits right for my size...

I noticed a lot of AB stuff is geared towards men, or sissies. But I'm a small girl and would perhaps like some of the following; only I'm having a hard time finding things that would fit:

- A frilly skirted onesie? With snaps in the crotch region.
    - Frilly diaper covers
    - Overall little girl clothes or fetish wear

I'm ~155 cm tall, and my measurements are 91-72-96. So not only am I curvy unlike a guy; I'm short too. :<

I appreciate all replies in advance!
    Last edited by OmorashiShoujo; 14-Oct-2011 at 10:44.

Tsuma

Quote Originally Posted by OmorashiShoujo View Post
    - A frilly skirted onesie? With snaps in the crotch region.
    I've been after one of those myself... Been looking for one for a couple of years now but no luck >(>.<)<

My best guess would be ebay .... just do a search on "adult baby" and browse through hundreds of ab items.
    Also some of the sellers there do custom orders.
    I hope this helps

I'm a pretty similar size, just a bit smaller (maybe 1 size smaller? I'm not sure). I haven't found much that fits to be honest. Privatina should offer things close to our sizes and I'm pretty sure you can order things from there but I don't read the language well enough to know for sure. I haven't ordered from them so can't vouch for them, but they seem like a great site. Of course I have no idea, since I haven't ordered and you might want to search reviews.

I order my things from bodyline. BODYLINE YOKOSO! I have a bit of a spoiled princess complex so that might not be ideal for you. The sizing on Japanese sites are limited as they offer a standard size and most people that fall out of that size have to go to specialty stores- far different from the US. But you hit within the size medium range too! I would generally watch the prices and try to find the best buying time for them- their prices fluctuate based on the economy, random sales, and lots of other factors. Right now things seem to be lower after they went up due to an economic shift. Also, shipping right now is extremely high. They had to change shipping methods- I assume after the earthquake over there. It's generally pretty good quality, particularly if you're just using it for this and not for the lolita fashion- you have to be a little more discerning if you're going to use it for the fashion as well, since coordinating an outfit can be tricky. Just avoid their separate section. That section has always had odd outfits and I'm not quite sure why... (In terms of other lolita designers, avoid Milano- they scam people. Baby the Stars Shine Bright, Angelic Pretty, and Innocent World are all amazing and I've seen them in shop, but I can't afford them so price is an issue there. You can also find chinese sellers but that gets more complicated...)

Alternatively I buy actual clothing for little girls at wal-mart. You're actually within size range for the size 16 and 18 sized clothes, and they're currently carrying more size 18 clothes. They also have Hello Kitty right now, which is adorable. o.o Gap kids also goes up to higher sizes. Justice also has girl's clothing that goes up to size 20 or so.

I'm not sure about diaper covers... I've never seen any of those that would fit. Basically the issue is that more men are open about it, or perhaps there are more men adult babies, so you're not going to find a lot of pre-made things in your size. However, you can find tons of super adorable things outside of the fetish wear if you're resourceful and find different things- I don't own any fetish wear, just kids clothes and the sweet lolita style clothes from Japan. You could probably commission someone to do a diaper cover or adult baby clothes, but I'm not sure where you'd go for that either.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by Starbright; 12-Oct-2011 at 19:49. Reason: fixed link title- it was japanese

Don't forget to look into some of the places that do custom work. That might be the best bet overall.

OmorashiShoujo

Thanks everyone for your help!

As for Ebay, I've had a few bad experiences and a few good; about 50-50 between getting what I ordered and getting scammed. So it might be a last resort for me?

Custom work I haven't ever had a good experience with except for when my mother sometimes sews for me. But while she is an experienced seamstress, she is getting older and only sews for very important things. I once ordered a dress from FanPlusFriend and had it custom made but even when I gave them the exact measurements (with extra inches for the bra!) the top was still too tight and I had to modify the straps to get it to fit right.

And Starbright? Oh My God. I have ALWAYS wanted all sorts of lolita clothes. I own only one dress and have daydreamed for YEARS of having such pretty dresses and shoes and petticoats but I'm poor. I was raised poor too, so even 20 dollars is a lot of money to spend to me. It's really hard for me to let go of money, even if it's something necessary like shampoo or something.

I actually stopped going to those sites because I KNOW I can't have it. It's like putting a child in front of a bowl of their favorite dessert and when they go to reach for it their hand hits a glass window they didn't realize was there!

As for Wal-Mart, I sometimes buy clothes in the children's sections. I just have few opportunities to do so since I'm usually with a group of people dicking around if I'm at Wal-Mart and they'd rather not wait for me to clothes shop. Not to mention there's no fitting room attendants late at night! (that hasn't stopped me from going under the door though!! XD )

I fit into 14-16 (which is the highest size I've found but I haven't looked in over a year) and have a few Hello Kitty things....but while they fit, they don't always fit 'properly'; like the shirt riding up in the front to fit in the funbags! XD

I should go again soon though, so thanks for reminding me that option is always there. And now that fiance has a better job maybe I can get him to order me a cute lolita dress. :3

Sweet lolita style is so cute. Myself I like sweet and country lolita. I have to ask:
    I assume you own at least one petticoat right? What's the best one you own and where did you get it? I'm looking for one for several reasons.

I can't thank you all enough!

Custom work does have some issues sometimes. I know a bunch of seamstresses who do really awesome work, when they get around to it. As for the measurements being off... did you measure yourself or did someone measure you? In certain spots, in order to hold the measuring tape right you actually skew the measurement. That can be problematic.

Good luck finding clothes that work for you. Have you tried Hot Topic? They have some cute stuff and they are usually sized on the small side. That is an option. Also there are sometimes cute things at Goodwill, if you spend the time to look.

Just a few more ideas. Free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by OmorashiShoujo View Post

And Starbright? Oh My God. I have ALWAYS wanted all sorts of lolita clothes. I own only one dress and have daydreamed for YEARS of having such pretty dresses and shoes and petticoats but I'm poor. I was raised poor too, so even 20 dollars is a lot of money to spend to me. It's really hard for me to let go of money, even if it's something necessary like shampoo or something.

I actually stopped going to those sites because I KNOW I can't have it. It's like putting a child in front of a bowl of their favorite dessert and when they go to reach for it their hand hits a glass window they didn't realize was there!

As for Wal-Mart, I sometimes buy clothes in the children's sections. I just have few opportunities to do so since I'm usually with a group of people dicking around if I'm at Wal-Mart and they'd rather not wait for me to clothes shop. Not to mention there's no fitting room attendants late at night! (that hasn't stopped me from going under the door though!! XD )

I fit into 14-16 (which is the highest size I've found but I haven't looked in over a year) and have a few Hello Kitty things....but while they fit, they don't always fit 'properly'; like the shirt riding up in the front to fit in the funbags! XD

I should go again soon though, so thanks for reminding me that option is always there. And now that fiance has a better job maybe I can get him to order me a cute lolita dress. :3

Sweet lolita style is so cute. Myself I like sweet and country lolita. I have to ask:
    I assume you own at least one petticoat right? What's the best one you own and where did you get it? I'm looking for one for several reasons.

I can't thank you all enough!
    Lolita is soooo expensive and I do spend far more time drooling over it more than I actually spend genuinely shopping for it, although I do have a pair of rocking horse shoes coming in the mail for my birthday. I'm beyond excited! I can understand the feeling of being poor, and when you're dropping $20 on shipping alone it's painful. I only get bodyline for Christmas or birthdays or if I've sold a large piece of artwork. They do have a $20 'sallopette' up in the jsk section right now which amounts to a romper, but you're still going to end up dropping $40 once you add in shipping. ;_; I still am going to have college loan debt so really I shouldn't be buying them, but lots of people have college loan debt, and I don't have a lot. ... And I really wanted nice things.

I'm fitting into a 14 right now, and kids shirts do have that tendency. I have to wear bras that were designed for people younger than me- not as much padding or pushing up or whatever to look nicer in those, but they really don't always fit correctly.

I hope you do get him to order a cute lolita dress.

As far as petticoats, never buy a brand one. It was the worst purchasing decision of my life. A total waste of money. My brand petticoat (Atelier Pierrot) is limp and I would've been better buying a cheap halloween one even. Most people recommend Classical Puppet petticoats- they're a Chinese seller. But you could get a malco modes one and modify it or I hear some people layer leg avenue halloween type ones. I'm thinking about getting a leg avenue one to stick with my brand petticoat for fluff, but really you need two petticoats to get the sweet look, while I've been living with just one (saving up, only rocking horse shoes caught my eye first.). It doesn't necessarily look bad with just one. It has a more casual look, but it's not quite the same. I can't vouch for them but that's what I've heard from other sweet lolitas. And I can say to definitely not buy a brand name petticoat. It's not worth the money. I was still a bit naive and saved up a bunch of money and was convinced I'd have an awesome petticoat that wouldn't deflate and that it was a good investment- and was terribly wrong.

I hope your fiancée does buy you a cute lolita dress!

OmorashiShoujo

@Starbright: I've done some looking and found that you should avoid undergarments made of tulle because it falls flat but try to get them made of organza because it doesn't do that. Also you reminded me I've got some fabric (I forgot what kind) for a petticoat I never made!! So I'll have to look into that.

@Everyone: I've found this great ebay store that has rompers and cute childish clothing in addition to lolita clothing. It's worth a look!

http://stores.ebay.com/REFUSE-TO-BE-USUAL