Thread: Trying Samples

Lightbulb Trying Samples

Hi Folks,

Do you find it awkward in trying to find the right diaper. Did you ever order a "free" sample and waited an eternity for it to arrive in the mail? I often thought "Wouldn't it be great if we can pick and choose a variety of brands and sizes in one place?" What about buying a package of diapers only to find out it did not fit properly and absorbency was the pits!

Perhaps one or the other does not have the room to hide a whole package of diapers. Would it not be great if we can order a few at a time?

I am trying to create a web site for that purpose. I am hoping I can call on your help in getting this started. I have created a survey to help me decide on products that would be in demand. I am hoping there be enough of you gracious enough to fill it out. I am already greatful to all of you who will follow through. http://TinyURL.com/43ct6lc Be sure to give me addtional thoughs and ideas. Many Thanks!!
    Last edited by rschade; 12-Oct-2011 at 05:03. Reason: adding icon

Great idea, one problem, you realize the cost it would be to keep that many diapers in stock, especially the premium brands? You are going to need ads, and lots of them.

Other than that, your well on your way to creating your site.

Before you get too spun up, doesn't XP Medical do everything you're suggesting? --> XP Medical -Sample Packs

If you do go further with your idea, I'd see them as your strongest competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by whisko View Post
    Before you get too spun up, doesn't XP Medical do everything you're suggesting? --> XP Medical -Sample Packs

If you do go further with your idea, I'd see them as your strongest competitor.
    Price will heavily determine it though. If he can do "free" samples with shipping (small % off shipping goes to him of course) then i'll gladly buy from him instead. Paying for a sample ON TOP of shipping is pretty expensive considering for about $15 you get 2 diapers shipped. For $6 more i can get 14 abena x-pluses in medium size shipped.

There is also the problem of people continuously just getting "free diapers" by ordering and never paying. I would have an shipping address limit put in there. It also sounds like you are going to spend a LOT of money buying premium diapers to just 'give away' and shipping cost from Canada to US isn't cheap (as I'm sure you already know). *just noticed Krone's post*

Thanks for your observations. These samples are not free. However, you have a selection of brand names to choose from and try. I need to work our logisitics to ship within respective countries. The results of the survey will help me make a product selections.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Thanks for your valuable input. It is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rschade View Post
    Thanks for your observations. These samples are not free. However, you have a selection of brand names to choose from and try. I need to work our logisitics to ship within respective countries. The results of the survey will help me make a product selections.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Thanks for your valuable input. It is very much appreciated.
    Glad i was honest then.

I like to thank those who participated on the survey. Week 1 results are posted at DiaperSample

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

I like to thank eveyone who took the time to participate on the survey. I have shared week1 results on my blog. DiaperSample

Quote Originally Posted by rschade View Post
    I like to thank those who participated on the survey. Week 1 results are posted at DiaperSample

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

I like to thank eveyone who took the time to participate on the survey. I have shared week1 results on my blog. DiaperSample
    Nice results. Seemed like we all knew the answer. Most are a medium size wiastt wanting to try 24/7 diapers and are between 13-19 on here.