Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once trying adult nappies, you never go back to baby nappies?: For you is it true or false?

Scootalooo

Default Once trying adult nappies, you never go back to baby nappies?: For you is it true or false?

Recently I bought Lidl adult nappies, they are just a tad to big but I can still fit them fine with no leaks. They feel great to, nothing beats good old plastic. Top marks for them there.

Before the Lidls, I bought the cheapest tesco brand which I could get them on, to say they 'fitted' would be pushing it a bit.

I recently decided to re buy the tesco ones, just for old times sake and have some baby brand fun. Now I wish I hadn't botherd, haven't tried them on. Because now I look close they really are small, and they ain't going to fit.

Unless I ever become a father, I don't want to buy baby nappies anymore. I don't see the point of them, with teens who may be smaller then I get it. But adults, I think it's a waist of money because impo 'fitting' and 'getting them on' isn't the same thing.

So tell me folks out there who have tried adult nappies, do you still bother with baby nappies or now you have adult ones you wont go back?

Me, I only use them for stuffers, but I usually won't buy them at all. Besides they have adult diapers that are designed to look like baby diapers like bambinos and what not, and although they aren't the same exact thing, they are close enough and they actually fit.

Quote Originally Posted by dbtim59 View Post
    Me, I only use them for stuffers, but I usually won't buy them at all.
    Once you try real booster pads you wont want to bother with baby diapers as stuffers. No cutting, no extra stuff, and adhesive on the back.

I keep using both, but I have to admit adult ones are more comfortable, but the cuteness of baby ones its unique! Also I dont have access to stuff like bambino or ABU but I would like to try them =)

Butterfly Mage

I used to tape two baby diapers together to get the "baby-ish" appeal. But when I was 14, I discovered how much better adult diapers fit than I could never go back. Properly fitting diapers also leak less and are much more comfortable.

Despite having ready access to adult diapers, I still hugely enjoy the baby kind. In fact, I wore baby diapers exclusively for most of 30 years. Call me a BDL (Baby Diaper Lover) . I'd pretty much resigned myself to modding, but when I discovered that I could actually stretch into the newest Pampers, I was elated. If I want a good fit, I've finally gotten some great adult-size cloth diapers, and there are definitely times where fit is everything. However, much of the time, I just get such a big kick out of being in a baby diaper that the fit is sort of irrelevant.

Most people seem to feel differently about this than I do, and my only suggestion for why is that I'm just very nostalgic. I don't consider myself an AB, but wearing actual baby diapers does have something of a special regressing effect on me. It's not perhaps a feeling of being a baby, but it does definitely transport me back to my youth, when I pinned on my own old cloth diapers or taped on Pampers I had just nervously purchased with my small allowance. Reliving that stuff is probably my favorite part of wearing diapers (well, outside of the 'fetish' aspect, anyway ).

LL
    Last edited by Cottontail; 12-Oct-2011 at 02:43.

Hi! Well I like to use both types of diapers. Baby diapers can also take a lot if they are on correctly, but of course adult diapers are better and are more secure.
    Call me crazy, but I really like the smell and feel of the baby diapers after peeing in them. Pampers are definitely the best with this. Another plus for baby diapers is that they don't take much room in the garbage.
    I would say I like to wear the baby diapers more on warmer days and when it's colder more of the adult diapers
    Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

gavinthechimp

I lived for years with some idealized conception of baby diapers, thinking they must be the best way to pretend that you really are a little kid who needs diapers. Then I finally tried them, and I threw them out immediately. It's nice to imagine being an un-potty-trained toddler, but I had to accept that I couldn't comfortably wear or use those diapers anymore.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinS3ville View Post
    Unless I ever become a father, I don't want to buy baby nappies anymore. I don't see the point of them, with teens who may be smaller then I get it. But adults, I think it's a waist of money because impo 'fitting' and 'getting them on' isn't the same thing.
    When I read about teens wearing, or 'barely wearing' BABY diapers, I chose be nice and not to say anything. Maybe that's they're thing, so who was I to judge. But to me, a properly fitting diaper is like the difference between an Lamborghini and a 3 cylinder Geo Metro. Yes both are cars, but one will make you feel much better being in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    Once you try real booster pads you wont want to bother with baby diapers as stuffers. No cutting, no extra stuff, and adhesive on the back.
    I agree. The BEST booster I have ever tried and just loved, were the Abri-let maxi booster from XP medical. They are just like a diaper, but no plastic backing. So they soak up what they can, swell up, and also allow the actual diaper to absorb as well. Nothing else like it!

I used both for a while but baby diapers are a hassle with extenders or tighty whites to hold them up so I havent used any for some time.