Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *sigh* Really lost

Default *sigh* Really lost

So, you may have read my thread a couple of weeks ago about me being confused about my sexuality and all. Since then, I have been soul searching so to speak, and have come to only one solid conclusion: That I'm a DL. But I also think that I may be gay. I wasn't sure before, and I'm still not 100% sure, but I am about 90% sure that I am gay as well. I never wanted to admit it, I was trying to convince myself that I was Asexual if I didn't like girls. But, I'm pretty sure I'm gay I can't come out even if I wanted because my mom is an anti-gay christian, and I really don't want the whole "Being gay is wrong in the bible blah blah blah". I'm lost, confused, lonely and even a little scared. I think I'm going to come out to my best friend soon, as he would understand the most (he's transgender).

Anyways, I wasn't really looking for responses or anything, I just felt like I needed to tell SOMEBODY.

Thank you adisc

Turtleie, I've been where you are now, and I understand your pain. Accepting the fact that I am gay was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. I had a positive image of myself but a negative image of what it meant to be gay. So it was very, very hard to face up to the fact. I empathize with you. Good luck!

All you need to remember is that there is nothing wrong with being gay, and as far as religion goes, the bible does talk about how that guy, what was his name... oh yea Jesus died for our sins. God forgives everyone for anything, as far as I understand (I am not religious myself). Besides, as long as your happy with yourself, then it doesn't matter what other people think, regardless of who they are.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by dbtim59 View Post
    Jesus died for our sins. God forgives everyone for anything, as far as I understand (I am not religious myself).
    Forgiveness does not equal a license to do what ever you want. If you stole from me, and I forgave you. Does that mean you're free to steal from me again?

Thats not what I meant I meant that god will forgive you for being gay and being a *b/dl not that no one can do any wrong.

Locke

Sidenote: Being AB/DL is perfectly okay in christianity, there is nothing against it. And while there are a couple verses about being gay, technically, those were just for the Jews. But either way, just accept who you are. You can't change it, it isn't your fault, and you shouldn't try and be someone who you aren't. (You will go crazy and kill someone!) Obviously, don't flaunt being gay if you're in a situation where that would have negative consequences, but be yourself. Besides, in a year or two, you will move out and can be whoever you want to be.
    No matter what, good luck!

If it makes you feel better, I probably won't be successful in love life until my 30's when I'm rich. Thats the one big problem about being a nerd.

If it hurts you that much then get shock therapy, that will work in a few weeks, (sorry bad joke).

H really don't have any good advice except to be truly sure, go out and try both. You may find the you're just be bi or curious.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by dbtim59 View Post
    Thats not what I meant I meant that god will forgive you for being gay and being a *b/dl not that no one can do any wrong.
    Oh, ok. I misread what you said then. My bad

It was very hard for me to come out initially, too. It took a lot to convince myself and then to even THINK about telling anyone.. >_< Know that we're here for you when you do decide to come out and we'll support you 110%! <3