Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have found that I <3 Cloth diapers.

Cool I have found that I <3 Cloth diapers.

Hello all.

After taking some advice from a fellow member with his makeshift diaper tutorial I have been doing that a bit more frequently. It is cheaper and much more comfortable than the regular disposable diapers. And they hold a really big wetting too. Yeah there is laundry but I do find other things to stick in to the laundry machine to help the water and detergent usage.

All the best!
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post
    Hello all.

After taking some advice from a fellow member with his makeshift diaper tutorial I have been doing that a bit more frequently. It is cheaper and much more comfortable than the regular disposable diapers. And they hold a really big wetting too. Yeah there is laundry but I do find other things to stick in to the laundry machine to help the water and detergent usage.

All the best!
    Alex
    I like the idea of cloth diapers =) is all more ecological and stuff, but haven't tried it yet because I don't have access to adult cloth diapers and also live with other people so laundry would be a problem. Anyway I wanted to ask you, what special care do you have for them? do you wash them a little before putting in the machine? use softener? its really ok to wash them with other clothes?

As I am using towels I just wash them like how I wash towels. And as I am using plastic pants. I wash them on gentle and hang them to dry.

@the 2nd poster: babykins is a place you buy cloth diaper stuff from. If you send me a pm i can let you know how their 10100n medium cloth diaper is once i get my things.

Oh, and rockin' green seems to be the most popular dretergent for this stuff. Should check it out..

@OP: I'm surprised that towel trick works like it does so well. I knew you can make shift them but never knew you could actually get use out of them. I'd have tried years ago if i knew.

I wanted to try these, and would use my plastic pants with them if i did get some.
    Tho I was always curious how well do they hold wetness with out it leaking too much?

Welcome to the club! ^_^

I got my cloth diapers from ABU. I should have known to simply order them off nicediaper.com for cheaper, but live and learn. :P

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    I got my cloth diapers from ABU. I should have known to simply order them off nicediaper.com for cheaper, but live and learn. :P
    Isn't that last part, a Luvs slogan? **giggle**

Speaking of nicediaper, how are they? I have thought about ordering a few from them!! Are the AIO's good or would it be better to get diapers + plastic pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Isn't that last part, a Luvs slogan? **giggle**
    Well played! Didn't even notice that... I must be out of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Speaking of nicediaper, how are they? I have thought about ordering a few from them!! Are the AIO's good or would it be better to get diapers + plastic pants?
    I like them a lot. I use the latter setup. From what I have heard, the AIOs have a reputation of cracking and falling apart early on. The ones I bought have Velcro and they work great. I got some plastic pants off eBay, custom-made at a very reasonable price. You can see a pic of them in the gallery. I love them and they have provided me with endless days of fun!

I love the wet feeling. Gel diapers are all about absorbing the liquid so you don't feel like you're in a wet diaper (which is kind of the point!). A cloth diaper actually feels wet.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    I love the wet feeling. Gel diapers are all about absorbing the liquid so you don't feel like you're in a wet diaper (which is kind of the point!). A cloth diaper actually feels wet.
    Never tried cloth yet(hope sometime tho). Not sure where best place to get cloth would be. For quality and comfort.
    I think ABU has booster pads I think that do adsorb but also make it have that wet feeling too.