Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Luvs size 6: Isn't the girl on the front a bit to old for diapers?

Scootalooo

Default New Luvs size 6: Isn't the girl on the front a bit to old for diapers?

So we don't get Luvs in the UK, but I saw a review of the new size 6 on youtube.

I couldn't help noticing, the girl on the front of the packet. Not only is she adorable and has cool hair, but is it me or does she look a bit to old to still be wearing diapers?.

Luvs Ultra Leakguards - Jumbo Pack - Best Price

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinsforbiddenlover View Post
    I couldn't help noticing, the girl on the front of the packet. Not only is she adorable and has cool hair, but is it me or does she look a bit to old to still be wearing diapers?.
    Yeah - I see what you mean. I'd guess she was about 4-5? (Not that I have any contact with kids nowadays, so my estimates are probably off)
    It's the largest size of diapers, for kids who are 16kg/35lbs + and according to the WHO chart I found via google, that would be a normal weight for a 4-5 year old - so in that sense there's nothing out of the ordinary, it's a picture of the kid who is the target consumer of the product.
    Some children train late, and I would expect that a large part of the market at that age is for kids who are not yet dry at night.
    Add to that differentiation from the smaller sizes by using an older looking kid, it probably makes parent's and kids feel less awkward about using the diapers if it isn't a "baby" on the packet when the kid is ages 4-5 years.

Butterfly Mage

Kids are bigger these days. The girl in the picture is probably about 4 years old (which is a not-uncommon age for toilet training in America). The leader at my coven has a child of age four who was recently toilet trained and she looks about as big as the girl on the picture.

35lb was what I weighed when I was seven!

O tempora, o mores!

Artie

AmbezeSubHealth

If we are asking here shouldn't some one be replying "never too old for diapers"

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by AmbezeSubHealth View Post
    If we are asking here shouldn't some one be replying "never too old for diapers"
    True. IMHO, as long as a child is toilet trained for school, I don't see a problem with diapers at other times so long as it is voluntary and not forced (like child abuse).

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    True. IMHO, as long as a child is toilet trained for school, I don't see a problem with diapers at other times so long as it is voluntary and not forced (like child abuse).
    ::::::WARNING::::::
    SPOILER NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

But with that aside. I don't think there is really anything wrong with the picture. Just as long as they make sure the child is potty trained. And funny that the age of potty training is up at 4 years of age now a days. Back in my day of potty training. the age was at 2 years and now it appears that the age has doubled. Scared to think what it will be like in 23 years from now. Potty training at age 8? OH MY!!! By then I do think that it would be just way too late because by that age the child has some subconscious hard wiring. So yeah!

All the best.
    Alex

As a parent and one with plenty of parent-friends, I have to say I'd be a bit surprised to learn that 4 was the usual potty-training age. Most of the kids we know, including our own, have been trained at 2 and 3. Most preschools (that aren't simply daycares in disguise) won't admit kids who aren't trained, so at least where I live, there's a definite 'laziness' stigma attached to having a four-year-old who isn't day-trained.

That said, as one who has helped train two kids, I can tell you that there is nothing like the experience of potty-training to make you *wish* you were changing diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    As a parent and one with plenty of parent-friends, I have to say I'd be a bit surprised to learn that 4 was the usual potty-training age. Most of the kids we know, including our own, have been trained at 2 and 3. Most preschools (that aren't simply daycares in disguise) won't admit kids who aren't trained, so at least where I live, there's a definite 'laziness' stigma attached to having a four-year-old who isn't day-trained.

That said, as one who has helped train two kids, I can tell you that there is nothing like the experience of potty-training to make you *wish* you were changing diapers!
    My kids were all potty trained prior to 3 but that's because they were well ready by then. I can't believe how many parents I know who are doing emergency potty training a month before Kindergarten starts! I'm serious!

Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    My kids were all potty trained prior to 3 but that's because they were well ready by then. I can't believe how many parents I know who are doing emergency potty training a month before Kindergarten starts! I'm serious!
    I don't think it's good because children are bound to have accidents at pre school or kindergarten as Americans say. A month! But anyway I was gonna say I couldn't the size 6 picture but the girl on size 4 looks pretty old.