Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Steve Jobs...

Default R.I.P Steve Jobs...

... For all Apple's flaws it is undeniable that Jobs and his company brought the world forward.

He will be missed. and died so young. Such a shame.

Yea I heard about that the second I walked into the door my step dad jumped out and told me he died. Im not much of an apple fan, but he was a god person who playing a key role in bringing technology to where it is today.

The man was in terrible health. He had to step down after having a liver transplant in 2009. He had pancreatic cancer in 2004, something very, very few survive. I know personally, because it claimed my grandfather.

If anything, he's probably catching a break from what I don't doubt was a daily struggle to pretend his body wasn't in revolt.

Man was a genius, sad that we lost him.

Wow.... just learned this here- then again I've been busy and I do agree that he will be missed. The man was a revolutanary and ahead of his time. Wow...

Wow. That is so sad. I agree with everyone else. Im not an Apple guy (except iPod and iPhone) but he was a brilliant man. Hopefully someone else can step up to the enormous boots he left behind.

He was such an amazing visionary. There are so many things we use in technology that Apple developed. All the apps and icons we click on, without a thought, were developed at Paolo Alto many years ago. How many of you can remember accessing your programs by having to type c: and a long string of nonsense? Now we just click and think nothing of it.

I bought our first Apple II e in 1984 and it cost over $3000.00. I had to assemble all the cards and screw in the connectors. But all the cool things I could do with it! The first game I played was Wizardry and it was a blast. I soon had my two sons playing it as well. I kept track of my choirs addresses, mailing labels, and wrote letters using Claris Works.

Thanks Steve for your wonderful invention, your insight and vision. You changed the world. Now I hope your pain and suffering is ended, and you are in a better place with bigger and better toys to play with. You will be missed.

It's quite sad, I've been a huge fan of Apple and it seems an era as ended. For those who didn't know he also acquired the graphics group later known as Pixar.