Thread: Interesting Article in The Wall St. Journal

Default Interesting Article in The Wall St. Journal

I found this while cruising the WSJ this morning. The author talks about the declining sales in diapers around the U.S. A bit of a long article, but no business jargon to it. Check it out.

How Tough Are Times? Parents Buy Fewer Diapers - WSJ.com

Interesting for sure. It says that they are going to have wetness indicators on pampers. I know they have had them Japanese baby diapers for some time. Not really a good sign considering that on adult diapers they are used to minimize changes.

According to the pampers website, Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive diapers already have wetness indicators, but only on sizes 1 and 2.

There's also a growing group of mothers turning to cloth diapers. I think the main reason is to go green. I wonder if they took that into account when they gathered their data.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    There's also a growing group of mothers turning to cloth diapers. I think the main reason is to go green. I wonder if they took that into account when they gathered their data.
    I do hope you are right, dogboy. It makes me sad to think that children are not having their diapers changed as often as needed because the parents cannot afford the cost of the diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    I do hope you are right, dogboy. It makes me sad to think that children are not having their diapers changed as often as needed because the parents cannot afford the cost of the diapers.
    I can remember when our kids were in diapers, and my wife and I struggled to find the money for diapers. We certainly were trying to stretch how often they got changed. Each time we had to buy diapers, I cringed. Parents have to use some sense. Don't change when they child doesn't need to be changed, but change when they do. You can't let your little one suffer.

On a side note, I thought you answered the difference between being a little girl and a sissy brilliantly. I did read the post, but there was nothing I could have said better than what you had to say.

Fellow Dls, you know what this means, go due your duty to the economy and stock up