Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bottles - What style do you like?

Default Baby Bottles - What style do you like?

As an AB I really do enjoy a baby bottle, the soothing, calming effect that comes from nursing on a nipple and suckling back some milk, juice or even formula.

What I really do find amazing is that babies are so good at nursing from these things. Those nipples are SLOW and the amount of sucking you need to do is CRAZY. I (and I am sure most of you) have found that making the nipple hole slightly larger does eliminate this problem.

I was shopping at Walmart the other day and decided to stroll down the baby aisle to see if there were any new products on the market. I noticed that glass bottles have returned and that there a number of new bottle designs and styles. I was thinking maybe it is time for me to upgrade my 5 year old Playtex Insulator Bottles (with Silicon Stage 2 nipples).

With so many products on the market I have no idea where I should even start. I was hoping my fellow AB/TB bros could help me out and offer their suggestions.

I was kind of leaning towards the bottles with liners and the soft latex nipple. The manufacturer claims the baby (me) will ingest less air this way (which is a problem with drinking from a sealed bottle).

Let me know your thoughts about bottles and your preferences.

As for bottles I have got one with a silicone teat, and that has a bigger hole (normally used for mash (if that is the right word, well, thicker fluids anyway)) so when I use that for juice or stuff, sucking from this is easier.

well i have 3 bottles with silicone but it make hard to suck have tried getting bigger holes with a fork but cant doit can some one help me?

Quote Originally Posted by littlebaby17 View Post
    well i have 3 bottles with silicone but it make hard to suck have tried getting bigger holes with a fork but cant doit can some one help me?
    Try pinching the nipple with your fingers and make a small cut in the top of the nipple with a pair of sharp pointy scissors. If a single cut doesn't work, make another in the opposite direction (so you have a X cut in the top). Don't cut too much as it will leak or dribble out when you are not sucking and the bottle is laying on its side.

A fork isn't that sharp. I usually use a sharp pencil or ball point pen to open up a nipple. You just need to wash it out afterwards. I've tried the sensors trick, but I always made the hole way to big that way.

For me it's the large Nuk Gaumenspaltsauger (sorry, don't know how it's called in English). It comes without hole, you can make your own at the size you like e.g. with a hot needle. And it's LARGE.

I originally never thought I'd like bottles, I preffered sippy cups until my carer got me one of these Nuby Sport Sipper

easy to clean, looks cute/cool and is easy to drink from too.
    So far mine hasn't leaked either, even if I've fallen asleep with it in bed with the hard cap off

Quote Originally Posted by abmikey2 View Post
    Try pinching the nipple with your fingers and make a small cut in the top of the nipple with a pair of sharp pointy scissors. If a single cut doesn't work, make another in the opposite direction (so you have a X cut in the top). Don't cut too much as it will leak or dribble out when you are not sucking and the bottle is laying on its side.
    thnks for the idea i will try it with one of my bottles

I used a cork screw to enlarge the hole in mine. I like the idea of glass bottles. I may have to get one.

I found large nipples on ebay. they compare to the nuk-5 pacifiers. I used round toothpics to punch holes in them. I use breathe flow bottles, and with the large nipples, love to have a bottle of warm formula before I go to bed at night. My fiancee'/Mommy just gave me one and tucked me into bed. I love my AB life and sucking on my botles.