Thread: New Headphones. Ideas? (Also Cake)

Cool New Headphones. Ideas? (Also Cake)

Hey. <3<3<3<3

So it's my 16th birthday very soon and my parents are insisting I give them ideas on what I want for gifts.

The only thing I could think of was that I needed some new plug-in earphones or headphones for my laptop. I reckoned getting some good headphones would be awesome, so...

Does anyone know of any headphones that would be good for listening to music and gaming, about 25-60 (British currency), that would be awesome and make me love you all? <3

Best answer gets cake. Actually, you all get cake! <3<3<3

Edit: Haha, attached the wrong thumbnail. That was supposed to be cake... enjoy anyway!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuckyeah.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	6124  

Supersam1223

Is 60 the maximum you can spend? Because if your willing to spend more then it opens a whole new level of sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by supersam1223 View Post
    Is 60 the maximum you can spend? Because if your willing to spend more then it opens a whole new level of sound quality.
    Well, I was just trying to create a price range so people would know roughly what to suggest. Really I'd like a good quality set of awesome headphones, but I also don't want to burden my parents with a huge amount of money to spend on headphones 100 is certainly too much. 80? It's possible. But really I think 60 sounds like a fairly expensive set for someone who doesn't know much about that area. Right?

Thanks btw! *gives cake*

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by RoaldWolf View Post
    Well, I was just trying to create a price range so people would know roughly what to suggest. Really I'd like a good quality set of awesome headphones, but I also don't want to burden my parents with a huge amount of money to spend on headphones 100 is certainly too much. 80? It's possible. But really I think 60 sounds like a fairly expensive set for someone who doesn't know much about that area. Right?

Thanks btw! *gives cake*
    You can get a decent pair for 80. I'm currently shopping for some earphones but haven't looked at anything less than 100, but my old pair, that have died after 18 months of fairly heavy use, were 80 and were great, but I don't know I you could get them any more.

Skullcandy Hesh! I looked up a converter for pounds to dollars and those are well within that price range!

Only downfall for them is that it starts to crush your earlobes after a couple hours of wearing, and it kind of hurts when you take them off then...but besides that they're great! LOL

Coincidentally, the Gadget Show had a review of Bluetooth headphones tonight. They had a Phillps pair (SHB9001) for 75 that did quite well, if there's a regular old wired version of those I'd imagine it'd come in budget

I prefer Shure earbuds. I have always had success with them.

I have a pair of SE310. They sound awesome.

I am reading on Amazon, that their lower end model SE102 run about 50 pound.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

I know when I bought my first pair, the SE110, it came with a carrying case and a fit kit. The fit kit has two different types of sleeves (the covering that enters your ear) in three sizes.

The model I most recently bought, the SE310, came with three types of sleeves. It's amazing.

Plus they have a nice 2 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post
    Skullcandy Hesh! I looked up a converter for pounds to dollars and those are well within that price range!

Only downfall for them is that it starts to crush your earlobes after a couple hours of wearing, and it kind of hurts when you take them off then...but besides that they're great! LOL
    SC headphones are notorious for being cheaply made and overpriced. i've had several pairs of the hesh style alone break on me, some while doing various activities, and others just from regular use (sitting at my desk)
    edit: skullcandy DOES have an excellent returns policy, and will often replace your headphones for free (s&h excepted). i just don't feel that you should HAVE to return them every 3-5 months.

OP: you can get a decent pair of earbuds (my favorite type) for $20-$40 (13-26) that will last a very long time. Personally, i like the SC's the best (i know, hypocritical, but the fact that they're so small means that they're practically indestructible. mine have been stepped on, thrown, had things dropped on them; heck, i even dropped them into a glass of water [not advisable] and they eventually survived. earbuds are one of the few things SC did right IMHO.) because they're cheap and available almost everywhere. they also come with 3 different sizes.

alternatively, you could go down to your nearest grocery store (not sure what you have in scotland) and just rummage around for a pair that you like. if you try them and decide you don't like them, you can always opt to return and get a different pair.
    good luck

I've owned three pairs in my life, first two were Smokin' in-ear buds and they each lasted a few years easy, and the Hesh...well I got them relatively recently, but so far they're pretty good for me...I have heard of SC breaking really easy on friends though.

I guess I'm just unusually careful when it comes to handling stuff that was expensive and that are good equipment in my eyes haha. I'm real conscious about money nowadays! It probably comes from my dad...he's the same way.