Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How healthy are you?

Default How healthy are you?

SuperFoodsRx HealthStyle Challenge

Found that link. It's to a website that evaluates how healthy you are depending on what food you eat, how much excercise you get, ect. It's pretty quick and fun to find out your result. It tels you what you're doing good and what you need to improve. The only thing I need to improve is to start taking a daily multivitamin (pshaw! Useless vitamins!)

I've always thought myself to be pretty healthy. I scored a 71 on the survey:

Your above average score attests to your efforts to improve your health and well-being. You are making many good choices and should be seeing the benefits of whole food nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices. Be proud of your success, but strive to improve. To fully experience the benefits of whole food nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices, try to add more SuperFoods to your diet and utilize the HealthStyle Pyramid. You will discover that small adjustments in your diet and lifestyle can lead to big changes, like increased energy levels, improved mood, and enhancement of your total well-being. By following the SuperFoodsRx HealthStyle Pyramid, you are making scientifically-proven choices that will help prevent heart disease and cancer while improving longevity and fitness.
    So I'm above average. Not bad, but I expected that. I get an hour of cardio everyday, and a half-hour of strength training every day, which is more than a lot of people can say. That's an hour and a half of excercise every single day for a long time. The very maximum amount of healthy excercise is 2 hours. I also drink tons of water and eat as healthy as I can (abstaining from pop, coffee, fast food, candy), although I do tend to indulge once a month, but it's never too much.

I don't eat enough vegetables, though, which is something I've been trying to work on. I eat fruit like a madman, so that's no problem.

Feel free to try to survey.

Why do I not trust a survey like this put out by a company that is out to sell me something?

I did it for the hell of it...But I don't think I want to say my score >__>

Little ollie

36 ouch.

oliver, the personalized report below provides a detailed analysis of your individual SuperFoodsRx HealthStyle Challenge performance.

The SuperFoods
    Your survey indicates that you haven't been including very many SuperFoods in your regular diet. The SuperFoods are vitamin-packed whole foods that have the benefit of nutrient synergy. Nutrients do not work alone. Instead they work together to protect and strengthen our cells and organs. Our bodies benefit from the specific proportions and amounts of vitamins, minerals, and plant nutrients in the SuperFoods. Scientific research has shown that certain foods, the SuperFoods, provide an optimal amount of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories for the best possible health. Eating the SuperFoods is associated with heart protection, lower rates of cancer, a strong immune system, and brain health. Try to increase the number of SuperFoods that you include in your diet. For a complete list of superfoods visit us online.

Sleep:
    You are getting the optimum 7 to 8 hours of sleep each day. Keep it up!

Aerobic Exercise:
    You are getting the recommended amount of cardiovascular exercise by the American Heart Association and the American College of Sports Medicine. Great work! Be sure to try different types of exercise to keep your workouts interesting. Keep it fun!

Resistance exercise:
    You are doing a great job of meeting the recommended guidelines for strength and resistance training. The American Heart Association and the American College of Sports Medicine recommend strength training at least 2 nonconsecutive days a week. During the muscle strengthening workout, 8 to 10 exercises focusing on the major muscle groups should be performed. The appropriate weight for the exercise will yield ten to fifteen repetitions before fatigue.

Hydration:
    You probably aren't getting enough water during the day which leads to dehydration. Dehydration can lead to fatigue, poor skin texture, dry eyes, and sinus irritation from dryness of your mouth and nose. Try to drink eight, 8-ounces glasses of water during the day. Caffeinated sodas and coffee can actually cause dehydration and should not be counted in the total.

Stress management:
    Stress is a part of our modern lives. Since stress can lead to lower productivity, mood instability, and even illness, stress management needs to be part of our daily routine. By successfully managing stress, we can lead happier lives, improve our vitality, and have more useful time for ourselves and our families.
    Try to find time everyday to take part in yoga, meditation, quiet personal time, a spiritual activity, prayer, or a relaxing hobby. You will begin to see a benefit with as few as 15 minutes a day.

Multivitamin:
    SuperFoods Rx recommends that everyone take a daily multivitamin supplement. Due to our inconsistent diets, it can be difficult to obtain all of the recommended vitamins and minerals in the appropriate amounts on a daily basis. Choose a complete multivitamin supplement, and try to find a supplement that also contains phytonutrients from whole foods that complement the basic vitamins and minerals.

Omega-3 fish oil supplement:
    Omega-3 fatty acids have many health benefits for the heart, blood vessels, immune system, and brain. Eating fish is one way to get these important fatty acids, but taking an omega-3 fish oil or marine algae supplement with 500 to 1000 mg of omega-3 (including DHA and EPA) can provide even more benefit. SuperFoodsRx recommends taking a fish oil or marine algae supplement daily.

Alcohol:
    Unfortunately, you are consuming an unhealthy amount of alcohol. Medically, you are considered a heavy drinker. The American Heart Association recommends that alcohol consumption be kept to a moderate level or less. Moderate alcohol consumption is considered to be one or fewer drinks a day for women and two or fewer drinks a day for men. At SuperFoodsRx, we consider healthy alcohol consumption to be three or fewer drinks a week for women and eight or fewer drinks a week for men. While there has been scientific research showing a health benefit to moderate alcohol consumption, consuming larger amounts of alcohol can injure the liver, raise blood pressure, permanently damage brain tissue, cause ulcers, and has been associated with a higher risk of developing cancer.

Please decrease your alcohol consumption. If you are having problems "cutting-back" please contact your physician about effective ways to effectively manage your drinking. Remember, pregnant women or women who are trying to get pregnant should not drink alcohol.

Well...I feel better that I beat you, Ollie...But not by much >_>

Little ollie

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Well...I feel better that I beat you, Ollie...But not by much >_>
    Me you do beat me but i don't look like my score which is good do you.

I got a 70, not too bad. But I go running, hard running, for two and a half hours a day if not more. Plus im a pretty decent eater.

vaultin, the personalized report below provides a detailed analysis of your individual SuperFoodsRx HealthStyle Challenge performance.

The SuperFoods
    You are doing a good job of including the SuperFoods into your diet. We at SuperfoodsRx want to encourage you to eat SuperFoods because they are scientifically proven to be strong antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. Scientists have observed that diets high in SuperFoods are associated with a lower risk for developing cancer, heart disease, and memory problems. The key to the SuperFoods is that the vitamins, minerals, and plant nutrients in the whole foods work together to provide a synergy that is more powerful than the individual components. Continue to choose to eat SuperFoods and add as many as you can to your regular diet for optimum health. For a complete list of superfoods visit us online.

Sleep:
    Too little or too much sleep can make us less productive during the day due to daytime fatigue and decreased energy. Try to get seven to eight hours of sleep each night for optimum performance.

Aerobic Exercise:
    You are getting the recommended amount of cardiovascular exercise by the American Heart Association and the American College of Sports Medicine. Great work! Be sure to try different types of exercise to keep your workouts interesting. Keep it fun!

Resistance exercise:
    You are doing a great job of meeting the recommended guidelines for strength and resistance training. The American Heart Association and the American College of Sports Medicine recommend strength training at least 2 nonconsecutive days a week. During the muscle strengthening workout, 8 to 10 exercises focusing on the major muscle groups should be performed. The appropriate weight for the exercise will yield ten to fifteen repetitions before fatigue.

Hydration:
    You are doing pretty well with staying hydrated, but try to get eight, 8-ounces of water a day. Staying well-hydrated keeps energy levels up, prevents fatigue, improves skin texture, and relieves dryness of the mouth, nose, and eyes.

Stress management:
    Stress is a part of our modern lives. Since stress can lead to lower productivity, mood instability, and even illness, stress management needs to be part of our daily routine. By successfully managing stress, we can lead happier lives, improve our vitality, and have more useful time for ourselves and our families.
    Try to find time everyday to take part in yoga, meditation, quiet personal time, a spiritual activity, prayer, or a relaxing hobby. You will begin to see a benefit with as few as 15 minutes a day.

Multivitamin:
    SuperFoods Rx recommends that everyone take a daily multivitamin supplement. Due to our inconsistent diets, it can be difficult to obtain all of the recommended vitamins and minerals in the appropriate amounts on a daily basis. Choose a complete multivitamin supplement, and try to find a supplement that also contains phytonutrients from whole foods that complement the basic vitamins and minerals.

Omega-3 fish oil supplement:
    Omega-3 fatty acids have many health benefits for the heart, blood vessels, immune system, and brain. Eating fish is one way to get these important fatty acids, but taking an omega-3 fish oil or marine algae supplement with 500 to 1000 mg of omega-3 (including DHA and EPA) can provide even more benefit. SuperFoodsRx recommends taking a fish oil or marine algae supplement daily.

Alcohol:
    While some scientific research has shown a slight benefit to moderate alcohol consumption, we are pleased that you are drinking less than one alcoholic drink a week. The reported benefits of alcohol can also be obtained through keeping a healthy weight, eating a balanced diet, and exercising. There is no reason to increase your alcohol consumption. Keep the alcohol at less than one drink a week and take care of yourself. Good work!

I consider myself pretty healthy. I make an effort to eat lots of fruits and veggies, I row very competitively, I lift 3 days a week. I don't drink, and I smoke weed very occasionally.

EmeraldsAndLime

I don't need to take a test to know I'm really not that healthy. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    I don't need to take a test to know I'm really not that healthy. >_<
    And I didn't need a test to tell me I'm pretty healthy. It's just for fun.

The general assumption for DLs and ABs is that we're all awkward geeks who never get any excercise or see the light of day.