Thread: Cloth diapers

Default Cloth diapers

I want to purchase dome cloth diapers but i don't know where to look. Im looking for durable long lasting diapers that are relatively inexpensive. Any suggestions?

This is probably a better question for the Diaper Talk forum, BTW.

Do you have any idea what kind of cloth diaper you're looking for? The more criteria you can provide, the more relevant the responses will be. Prefolds, flats, all-in-ones, etc., all have different advantages/disadvantages from a practical standpoint, but I think most cloth wearers end up going with something that's closest to what they wore as a baby/toddler.

"Inexpensive" is definitely a relative term with cloth diapers. You'll be spending $20-$25 per diaper *at least*, but probably more.

I use prefolds from AdultClothDiaper.com and ChangingTimesDiaperCo.com, with the latter being my favorite (and also the less expensive of the two). I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites, but again, if you want something that's best for *you*, you'll want to be more specific.

LL

As a starting question, have you checked out the All About Cloth Diapers article? I'm admittedly a bit biased, but I think it's a great read for anyone thinking of cloth diapers.

From there, I would recommend adultclothdiaper.com and Changing Times Diaper Co., as well (especially since CTDC decided to stay in business after all). All of my cloth and most of my plastic pants are from adultclothdiaper.com, and I wouldn't hesitate to order more from them, either.

Like LilLeaker said, once we have a better bead on what you're after out of a cloth diaper, we'll be able to help aim you in more of a direction.

I'm looking for a diaper that will be able to hold atleast a couple of moderate wettings. Preferably not diapers I have to fold, so maybe snap on, velcro, or pull on. I'd like adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerboy2 View Post
    I'm looking for a diaper that will be able to hold atleast a couple of moderate wettings. Preferably not diapers I have to fold, so maybe snap on, velcro, or pull on. I'd like adjustable.
    Just in case you wondered, folding isn't all that bad (even prefolds usually involve a little folding; it's quick and easy). Anyway, it sounds like you're probably looking for an all-in-one diaper. I can't recommend one, as I haven't tried one myself, but here are a few examples:

LeakMaster All-In-One Diaper
    KINS (Babykins) All-In-One Diapers (Pull-On and Velcro)

I know a couple of people here have tried and liked the Babykins diapers. No idea on the LeakMaster AIO, though there are plenty of AdultClothDiaper.com fans about. Another option, if you don't mind separate plastic pants, would be a snap-on fitted prefold diaper like this one:

Rearz Snap-On Adult Cloth Diaper

I'd actually like to try the Rearz snap-on diaper at some point. It's the same material as in the Rearz/Changing Times prefolds, which I really like a lot.

LL

I've heard nothing but bad from all in ones. Many complain they don't hold as much and don't last as long. I also read contours or prefolds hold the most. I'm waiting for my prefold from babykin (10100n) to get here. This is all reading though, i can't really say how good a prefold or isn't until i get more time with them. Oh, and look into size 2 snappies. Even if you're over 6 foot and 200 pounds it fits fine by what many say. They love them more than pins. Mine should be here by tuesday.

Oh, and rockin' green detergent is the top choice from many apparantly. Cheap samples that lasts a while considering. Should check them out. They even have scents (don't stay in the diaper due to how the detergent should work) though they only smell once they come out, afterwards they don't stay with you. Health reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    Oh, and look into size 2 snappies. Even if you're over 6 foot and 200 pounds it fits fine by what many say. They love them more than pins. Mine should be here by tuesday.
    Let us know how it goes. I couldn't get the Snappi to work for me, even when using a diaper that was a size larger than I needed. The span of a Snappi when stretched just isn't enough for a guy with a 38" waist wearing a properly-sized prefold diaper. My guess is that if your waist is over 35" or so, then unless you order the largest possible prefold diapers (so that the back corners almost meet in front of you!), you'll be "stuck" using pins (pun intended ). So, whatever you do, make sure you have pins around as a fallback. Personally, I don't mind pins, and I found they were pretty quick to use once I knew how I wanted my diaper to fit.

EDIT: By the way, I was trying the Snappi with size medium and large diapers from both AdultClothDiaper.com and ChangingTimesDiaperCo.com. I ultimately ended up settling on baby diaper pins from AdultClothDiaper.com as the way to fasten my diapers, as the taper on these is the best I've found so far and really helps them glide through the diaper.

LL
    Last edited by Cottontail; 08-Oct-2011 at 05:39.

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    Let us know how it goes. I couldn't get the Snappi to work for me, even when using a diaper that was a size larger than I needed. The span of a Snappi when stretched just isn't enough for a guy with a 38" waist wearing a properly-sized prefold diaper. My guess is that if your waist is over 35" or so, then unless you order the largest possible prefold diapers (so that the back corners almost meet in front of you!), you'll be "stuck" using pins (pun intended ). So, whatever you do, make sure you have pins around as a fallback. Personally, I don't mind pins, and I found they were pretty quick to use once I knew how I wanted my diaper to fit.

EDIT: By the way, I was trying the Snappi with size medium and large diapers from both AdultClothDiaper.com and ChangingTimesDiaperCo.com. I ultimately ended up settling on baby diaper pins from AdultClothDiaper.com as the way to fasten my diapers, as the taper on these is the best I've found so far and really helps them glide through the diaper.

LL
    Sounds like i am in luck then. I have a 31-32 inch waist (32 inch pants never fit me anymore it seems) and have always been on the very skinny side. To buy pants that fit me is hard. The length is easy but the waist always gave problems and still do. Though i enjoy it