Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some interesting questions I have

Default Some interesting questions I have

If someone had interests in diapers but they refused to wear them and have anything to do with it because they felt ashamed about it or bad, are they still considered diaper lovers even though they want nothing to do with it so they don't ever come to the AB/DL community nor ever wear them or look at them but yet they still have the desire to wear but they refuse to have that life style?

What about if someone had the desire to be an adult baby but they had none of the stuff? Are they still an AB?

What if they had the desires to be an AB but refused to be it? Would they still be considered one?

What about if someone has the desire to be a baby and then not be a baby because it came and went, still an AB?

What about with diapers, what if diaper desires came and went, is the person still a diaper lover nonetheless, even if the person had lost interest in it for a while?

Hmm, curious questions. If you don't mind, telling a bit about the story behind these questions that would be great, there has certainly got to be one. If not that's cool, however impute would certainly help give more direct results to help your questions.
    My opinion, (since all of us here pretty much run on opinion, considering that the definition of Ab/Dl is quite broad and somewhat unknown). I'd say with the firs circumstance you could consider the person a recovering Ab/Dl, kind of like a recovering alcoholic. I think most of us here would say that trying not to be an Ab/Dl is just as hard as avoiding an addiction. Just like an Alcoholic can avoid drinking, the desire will always be there, and if he/she takes one drink they will go off on a binge, not meaning they can't leave it though. I think that all of us Ab/Dl's here certainly have the capability of leaving this life style, we just don't want to because it is a part of us that we have accepted, and don't find harm in. So if somebody has the desires, but spends diligent effort avoiding them, i'd call them a recovering Ab/dl.

I was just curious. My diaper fetish has came and went, same as the adult babyness and for years between 6th grade and 11th grade, I had no desire to wear but yet I still thought about diapers and people wearing them and going to the websites. I had no diaper fetish for eight months and then it came back last month after I got my period. The cravings came back and then I got my period so no wonder I was craving them.

Yeah, that makes sense. It could certainly come because of hormones. I guess the question would be then, is if you look forward to the fetish, or if you are ashamed of it. I believe that a huge part of being an Ab/Dl, is accepting it, otherwise you are just susceptible to it, although considering yourself Ab/dl or not is still certainly up to you. If you question weather you are or not just because it has it only comes and goes, then i would say consider yourself part of the family, because we don't always spend 24/7 in diapers. For me, sometimes i enjoy a break away from them. (although i can't say the same for my plushie, haven't slept a night without Tadd since i got him.)

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

By the way, don't take my word, i'm just a little guy with some opinion.

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Secondly, now that I look at it, you have been a contributor for a lot longer than i have, well i hope whatever i have said has made some sort of contribution.

I don't think there's any ultimate authority on this matter but as far as I'm concerned, it's the desire that's the important thing, not the willingness or ability to act on it. If mine were to go away tomorrow (as it has suddenly once before), I'd consider it likely to be a temporary aberration and presume it would be back. If it continued over the course of years (it vanished for just under three months last time), I'd think of it more as an indefinite condition (or lack thereof) and probably say that I was an ABDL, am not currently, although I might be again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    If someone had interests in diapers but they refused to wear them and have anything to do with it because they felt ashamed about it or bad, are they still considered diaper lovers even though they want nothing to do with it so they don't ever come to the AB/DL community nor ever wear them or look at them but yet they still have the desire to wear but they refuse to have that life style?

What about if someone had the desire to be an adult baby but they had none of the stuff? Are they still an AB?

What if they had the desires to be an AB but refused to be it? Would they still be considered one?

What about if someone has the desire to be a baby and then not be a baby because it came and went, still an AB?

What about with diapers, what if diaper desires came and went, is the person still a diaper lover nonetheless, even if the person had lost interest in it for a while?
    1) Is a cow still a cow just because it doesn't wear a bell around it's neck? of course it is. Paraphanillia does not a AB make. It's what's in the heart that defines them.
    2) If the desire is there, regardless of whether or not they choose to embrace it, they are still an AB. PS... good luck fighting those desires too.
    3 & 4) It's common that people get into and out of their fetish desires. Some days your all for it, others you hate the world for it. Again, that doesn't change what you are. You can be homosexual, and married to the opposite sex, but that doesn't change at a very basic level the needs or desires of your heart.

In this case of people having urges coming and going, there's no one absolute and permanent answer to the question of if they're an AB/DL or not. The answer varies with the urges.

If one refuses to partake in desires that they will always have until they do indulge, then I consider that to be a definite yes to the same question. It's only when the urges are unable to be accounted for in a span of several years that the answer is no.

This is speaking from a progressive standpoint, though. Some might say "once an AB/DL, always an AB/DL."

It sounds like, if a tree falls in the woods but no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound. It's still a tree and it fell, making a sound. If the desires are there, then the answer is yes, even if the person is in denial.

Fallendark and Dogboy nailed it.

1. I'm sure there are lots of *B/DLs who refuse to accept their 'strange' desires. Just like there are lots of gays who get married to an opposite-sex partner, and have children because that's what is 'normal.' Gays in denial are still gay, and the same goes with *B/DLs.

2. Absolutely, yes. I haven't had diapers, or a paci, or anything else, really, since I was a baby. I'm still a TB, right?

3. Same as answer 1.

4 and 5. Sexuality, gender, lots of things regarding human identity are very fluid. People change! I think if a person has *B/DL desires at one point in his/her life but they go away, he/she could be considered an ex-*B/DL. It could be, just that weird phase he or she went through.

Interesting questions!

Some part of my situation described...

I have something of the DL (yes, Iīd be DL, but only a few times, like two - three times/year,) for this reason I think Iīm not so DL, but the other part, like pacis and bottles I use sometimes daily. Maybe is this, what makes me AB ? I donīt search for some dress, or toys - just Iīve counter strike and some other games, but I play them out of AB rol, why ? Is for that all is sexual for me ? It makes me confused about my definition of my vicious, but I donīt care about.
    Last edited by CrazySmoker; 05-Oct-2011 at 13:06.