Thread: Did the Nitnendo company lie about the the Gameboy games going to be free in the eshop?

Default Did the Nitnendo company lie about the the Gameboy games going to be free in the eshop?

Is there anyone here who owns a Nintendo 3Ds? They dropped their price and I read that anyone that had purchased the system before August 12th and have connected online at least once before that time will get 20 free games to download.

But for some reason it's not giving me any free games. I looked at the Gameboy games in the eshop and they all say they cost money to download. Where are the free games? Did they just say that they be free just so people go out and buy the 3DS or am I doing something wrong?

I know only certain games are free so I am looking at those games but it says it costs to download when it should say zero dollars for me. Or am I supposed to click on the game and purchase and it won't charge me?

"Before the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors with 10 exclusive Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games."

If your trying to download plain game boy games you will not get them for free. Nintendo chooses all the games you get for free. You get 10 NES games and 10 GBA games that nintendo chooses.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...rogram-what-is

Thanks. I didn't know I had to go to settings and go to my downloaded titles to get them. I didn't think of going to their website to look it up. Thanks. Now I know I was doing something wrong.