Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Find On The Net, Mental institution crib?

Secret

Lightbulb Interesting Find On The Net, Mental institution crib?

So I am into URBEX'ing othrwise called urban exploring which is basicly exploring abandoned places and finding out their history and how they came to be abandoned and exploring them. Well I was on a urban exploration website website and I found THIS!

creepy.jpg

An Adult sized crib in a mental hospital circa 1930-1960 I think? They were intended for mental patients and to stop people with developmental problems from wandering off into danger. Seems sorta cruel but then again its either this or upped dosages of medications which can be a whole new set of problems in itself.

An adult baby crib
    http://www.babyapparels.com/Images_Furniture/DCrib1.jpg
    See the resemblence there? see you all later im gonna go steal this from the creepy abandoned hospital! it cant be THAT dirty? can it? { sarcasmic ]

Sure go for it, it only looks like it is out of a horror movie, and I'm sure no one has died in it.

Secret

I loled

Peachy

Those things still exist, although not sure if they'Re still used in mental institutions.

I passed a store selling products for disabled people on my way to uni every day. For years, they had an adult sized crib in their showroom window. It was a high-tech one too because you could lower one side electrically for easy access. It was also built from very strong wood, so I guess it was really expensive (no price tag on it).

Peachy

I seen cribs like that before, well one like it. I think it was on Opacity or something like that. Anyway I wouldn't steal it since it would be hard to get out and its stealing. Someone owns the place even if its the government.

Quote Originally Posted by secret101 View Post
    So I am into URBEX'ing othrwise called urban exploring which is basicly exploring abandoned places and finding out their history and how they came to be abandoned and exploring them. Well I was on a urban exploration website website and I found THIS!

creepy.jpg
    Yikes! I was checking out the crib's surroundings though the place probably looked a *little* better when it was in use. The mental hospital where I worked looked like a country club compared to this place! I can tell by the bar spacing on this crib it would not pass current safety standards for baby/toddler use.

~Pramrider

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by secret101 View Post
    So I am into URBEX'ing othrwise called urban exploring which is basicly exploring abandoned places and finding out their history and how they came to be abandoned and exploring them.
    Oh... I see. Yeah... we used to do that as kids too... except it was called TRESPASSING.

Don't try to give it some fancy name or some higher purpose. You are trespassing inside abandoned buildings and snooping around.

Not that I'm saying it's bad... or that you shouldn't do it... but just be prepared to face the consequences if the cops get called.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Oh... I see. Yeah... we used to do that as kids too... except it was called TRESPASSING.

Don't try to give it some fancy name or some higher purpose. You are trespassing inside abandoned buildings and snooping around.

Not that I'm saying it's bad... or that you shouldn't do it... but just be prepared to face the consequences if the cops get called.

This urban exploring is quite an established thing. There's a sizable amount of people who do it, comparable to the size of our whole community. I'm sure they could fathom up some justifiable reason as to why they do it, just as we do to ourselves.

And why such a negative-nancy all the time? Yes, it's trespassing, we all know that. But if these people want to take the risk and venture into an abandoned, derelict place that no one else could give two-shits about (even the authorities), then I say let them! It, at least, makes for an interesting read.