Thread: Does Anyone Know This Cartoon?

That was pretty interesting to watch. Apparently it's based off of "The Mysterious Stranger", a story that Mark Twain never finished. I don't know what the title of the show is though.

edit: Pulled this from the youtube comments:

"Not a TV show. Some guy found this clip and posted this (censored) without knowing any of the background. It's from 1986's "Adventures of Mark Twain" (a movie). The three children of Huck Finn, Becky Thatcher, and Tom Sawyer. It's about the three of them trying to convince Mark Twain not to give up on humanity and show him he has much to offer to world if he chooses not to kill himself (because he's given up on humanity). If they fail, they will die with him (a truly unbelievable film)."

Yeah, I saw it as a kid, and found it pretty weird. It aired on YTV (A kids channel in Canada, similar to Nickelodeon). Can't remember when I saw it though...

Who would make something like this for kids? Actually upon seeing it, I thought it was something the conservative Baptist church might have made to show their kids. Jerry Falwell showed a film in the 80's called "Burning In Hell". I had a nurse friend who worked in the psych word at the hospital, and that film sent dozens of his church members into her ward.

Adventures of Mark Twain.avi | mark twain | isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine

Here's a torrent of the whole thing, and while that segment may be "disturbing" over all it isn't that disturbing. The plot is that Mark Twain is off to meet with Haley's comet, and Finn, Thatcher, and Sawyer stow away on his balloon. Twain tells/shows them some stories that he has written, the You tube video you linked to is one of the stories.

Yay for claymation.

I thought it was going to be more creepy then that. I don't really get what was trying to be said there but I found the whole thing to be interesting. I am pretty sure Valentine posted this same thing on the last AB/DL/TB message board I was at but back then I only had dial-up. Anyways it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    found this one day and i'm trying to see more of it: YouTube - very creepy, disturbing children's cartoon, banned from TV
    Oh no, poor little clay people, I'm scarred.

Anyways yeah I heard of this cartoon years ago (never really watched it though) but I don't remember what channel it was for. Maybe for Cartoon Network or it could be Fox Family.

conservative Baptist church might have made to show their kids. Jerry Falwell showed a film in the 80's called "Burning In Hell".
    I didnt see that anywhere on youtube are you sure thats the title?

I'm a huge fan of Twain. He's the greatest satirist to ever live. A smartass like me can really appreciate that.

"Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

" In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language."

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

"God's noblest work? Man. Who found it out? Man."

"We are nothing but echoes. We have no thoughts of or own, no opinions of our own, we are but a compost heap made up of the decayed heredities, moral and physical."

Your sigs have been rocked with potential.