Thread: I have learned why my stomach as been having problems ( the reason why I have been gone for a while)

Default I have learned why my stomach as been having problems ( the reason why I have been gone for a while)

Okay,

Before some of you just jump to conclusions and blame me for wanting attention here me out for a sec. I am writting this because I am bored and it "kinda" explains why I have been gone a bit. I have been having constant stomach problems as long as I can remember. Some foods I eat usually turn my stomach sour ( IE: Onions, chocolate, ice cream, vegitables (sp), and some fruits). A few days ago I went to the doctor to figure out why my stomach was causing me problems sometimes.

The conclusion that the doctor came up with was that I either am suffering stomach alsers (sp), my thyroid (sp), or my stomach over produces stomach acid. He procribed me some nosia (sp) pills, and a medication that decreases the production of stomach acid.

Also while I was at the doctor they did some blood tests one me to rule out any possible causes for this problem.

So yeah that's kinda why I have been out.

Sorry about your stomach. I suffer from similar problems and take Prilosec. I had a bleeding ulcer in '85 and darn near died at a medical emergency place. I actually went into the tunnel of light, saw my parents and others, and then reseeded back to consciousness. I spent a week in the hospital and had two endoscopies. Not much fun!

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (AKA spastic colon), and acid reflux. I know how you feel.

Hopefully the meds will help. So far nothing helps me. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke View Post
    Okay,

Before some of you just jump to conclusions and blame me for wanting attention here me out for a sec. I am writting this because I am bored and it "kinda" explains why I have been gone a bit. I have been having constant stomach problems as long as I can remember. Some foods I eat usually turn my stomach sour ( IE: Onions, chocolate, ice cream, vegitables (sp), and some fruits). A few days ago I went to the doctor to figure out why my stomach was causing me problems sometimes.

The conclusion that the doctor came up with was that I either am suffering stomach alsers (sp), my thyroid (sp), or my stomach over produces stomach acid. He procribed me some nosia (sp) pills, and a medication that decreases the production of stomach acid.

Also while I was at the doctor they did some blood tests one me to rule out any possible causes for this problem.

So yeah that's kinda why I have been out.
    I can understand how ya feel, I have this stomach problem called H pylori, and it really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMommy View Post
    I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (AKA spastic colon), and acid reflux. I know how you feel.

Hopefully the meds will help. So far nothing helps me. T_T
    Thanks for the comment, but for some reason the meds that's supose to reduce the production of stomach acid isn't really doing anything. because I just woke up a few hours ago and decided to eat a Phily-cheese steak, and as I was eating it my stomach was doing the samething before I was on the meds. My mom says that if the meds don't kick in, in a week she's planning on taking me back to the doctors to see what else they can do for me.

They had me do mine for 4 weeks before trying something else. Meds take at LEAST 3 weeks. I'd give it more time.

And lay off the super greasy foods. = p Even with meds, you'll have to change your diet, most likely in a big way.

It sucks, but you'll feel better.

Okay I'll try, but if that doesn't work I don't know what will...

I've tried Prilosec, Zantac, and one other. The only thing that helps me is plain 'ole Rolaids, and that's only for the heartburn/indigestion, not the yucky stomach part.

A plain white piece of bread seems to calm mine a bit, but not every time. It's mostly trial and error. Seems you already know what upsets ya though, so that's a start.

daria7483

Sorry to hear about your problems. I am actually out of work today with a sour stomach. I've had on and off painful stomachaches and nausea and heartburn for years but they've never been able to find a cause except a possible ulcer at one point.

Darkfinn

Wow... we've got a bunch of folks with messed up tummys around here... that's sad. I usually don't have too many problems... but there are days where I can't seem to eat much at all.