Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An apology

Default An apology

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that due to starting a new job, I've not been able to spend much time on ADISC over the past month. I'm having to get used to much less free time in the week - only a couple of hours an evening to make dinner and have a bit of chillout time - opposed to 8 or so hours a day when I was at uni!

Also, I'm forced to use TOR as I haven't yet figured out whether my new housemate (who is very paranoid) will be checking internet traffic. So accessing the site is incredibly slow too...

Basically I've not forgotten about you all (not that I'm big headed enough to assume I'm leaving a gaping hole) - I just have to get my schedule and privacy sorted - then I'll be back on and contributing as much as I used to!

See you all soon, and stay padded!

Eeyore

well you could always instal firefox and set it so it won't store anny surfingdata/internethistory/sgujestions when iyping in a site URL.

I actually have missed seeing you about. I had wondered where you have been. Good luck and i hope things turn out good for you. See ya around.

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    well you could always instal firefox and set it so it won't store anny surfingdata/internethistory/sgujestions when iyping in a site URL.
    It's not that I don't want traces on my personal PC - that's password protected and I'm the only one to use it. I'm worried about packet sniffing or checking the router traffic logs. It's probably over-cautiousness, but if one IP starts popping up frequently, it'll be fairly easy to find out what it is...

But thanks for the suggestion :-)

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    It's not that I don't want traces on my personal PC - that's password protected and I'm the only one to use it. I'm worried about packet sniffing or checking the router traffic logs. It's probably over-cautiousness, but if one IP starts popping up frequently, it'll be fairly easy to find out what it is...

But thanks for the suggestion :-)
    How many people even would think about packet sniffing? Does your router even have such a log? I know I don't worry about that stuff, though it could be because I am the only one in the house that knows stuff about computers.

if he checks that stuff it would be:
    A, a breach of privacy
    B, on the verge of paranoya.

i wouldn't worry about it and if he does check such things, maybe you should sugjest seing a psycologist to him.

I had wondered where you went to, and missed reading your posts. Good luck with your new job! Once you get settled in a routine and such, I hope to see you around again.

I've been wondering where you've been, at least in the few moments I've been on. Being a student instead of a corporate slacker's kicking my ass. Anyways, I hope you get your internet and your schedule sorted!

Well I was definitely wondering where the Hell you'd got to - asterisks or not!

Glad to hear you're getting on OK, though! Congratulations on your job, though - you realise this kind of makes you like... A grown-up now, though, right? Thus meaning we may have to cast you out anyway since you're now the opposite of all we stand for!

Look forward to seeing you around at varying intervals anyway... I'm sure those times will be all the more special for it!

I think it would be fun to let your paranoid house partner find out and say, yeah, I wear diapers. What are you going to do about it, and then take the router and shove it up his ass! This brings up an esoteric question (or assoteric question). Would it actually fit? I think this needs to be found out! Anyway, I've been missing you too. Come back....come back......