Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random stuff picked up along the road

Default Random stuff picked up along the road

What do you stop on the side of the road to pick up?
    Me I tend to stop and pick up those black rubber bungie cords (tarp straps) because I'm too cheap to buy them and they are great to tie down anything loose in the truck box and we are always losing one or breaking one
    or what other random things have you seen along the road
    Last edited by Blacksmith; 27-Sep-2011 at 02:04.

I tend to pick up dead coyotes for my science class to dissect.

JUST KIDDING. Although there was a real case of a science teacher doing that. He got fired, and several kids had to get rabies shots.

Anyways, my parents used to pick up furniture that people had thrown out. Some of it was quite nice too! I don't do anything of that sort myself though.

Anything that looks cool or interesting or useful, I've picked up full rolls of duct tape, shiny things (gotta love shiny things lol), I've picked up just a bunch of stuff :P.
    Oh one more thing, I pick up watches, I've found plenty of watches even some expensive ones (I once found a SEAL dive watch, and then I lost it ).

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chanch0; 27-Sep-2011 at 05:23.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post

JUST KIDDING. Although there was a real case of a science teacher doing that. He got fired, and several kids had to get rabies shots.

Anyways, my parents used to pick up furniture that people had thrown out. Some of it was quite nice too! I don't do anything of that sort myself though.
    I did hear of a farmer who would pick up road kill for his St Bernard dog

Supersam1223

Elastic bands (my elastic band ball is about the size of a grapefruit), small change, other miscellaneous items.

I once picked up a motherboard, it was completely fucked though so I left it there. Lol

Oddly, I always tend to spot discarded dummies (pacis). I always pocket them and bring them home. Although they all get sterilized etc, I don't think I've used one that I've found... I much prefer my online-bought NUKs.

NewbieNicky

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post
    You made me laugh, I'm glad I was drinking when I read that xD

Sometimes I pick up trash if I'm near a garbage can, or if it's change I'll put in what I find for the bus fare as extra

cat's eyes.

noooo, don't be silly, not that kind of cat's eyes - the kind that are in the road as markers, like:Attachment 6095
    it all started when i was little and my dad brought home a cat's eye, inlcuding it's housing, Attachment 6096, and because it was a bit heavy, i started to use it for exercsing with. dad also brought home live rounds, which i'm saving for a special day; and not the pea-shooter rounds that they use nowadays: we're talking 7.62 as used by the SLR and GPMG.

fast-forwarding to a holiday with mates in Cornwall, i spied a load of cat's eyes at a roundabout junction (there were roadworks going at the time) and i got my mate to stop on the roundabout (yep, that was me if you were held up) and i grabbed a couple, after sorting out the colours.
    back home and a little while later, i was talking with another mate about them and he pointed out that we had the new, solar-powered type, Attachment 6097, on our unlit roads and i decided that i wanted a closer inspection of them. we tried digging one out on our road over yon', but it smashed; not to mention that there were too many cars going by. later on, we went up on the tops and dug one out a little more carefully. took bloody ages; they're well wedged in.

other than that, i'll pick up owt if it's lying about.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Tools. I've found many in the street.
    Yep, done that many times. My bro-in-law found a DeWalt hand saw on the side of the road once, and it still worked!