Thread: Bought my first pack of diapers tonight!!!!

Wink Bought my first pack of diapers tonight!!!!

Yes, you read correctly, I bought my first pack of Rite Aid Underwear for Men diapers (Super Plus absorbency)!

I was coming home from school and I've always planned to get some at this Rite Aid in the middle of an intersection, but every time I could something got in the way, but not tonight!

I walked in and I was greeted by a woman who worked the cash register. I browsed the place for a bit looking at shower stuff and I casually waltzed over to the incontinence section and pinpointed the type of diaper I wanted to get. I got scared and kind of walked off, but I just said to myself "Dude...just get the dang things."

And I did!

I was slightly nervous but I played it cool, yet I was shaking. I was asked if I wanted to sign up for the club thing there and I said sure (10% off all Rite Aid Brand stuff!). I wasn't shaking badly, but it was slightly noticeable. I think she was aware of this and tried to make small talk but I was just busy filling things out. After this, however, I made talk about the local college and what her situation was, and I was so much better off! I pretty much forgot I had even bought a pack of diapers. After talking for a few minutes, I was out and on my way, I felt AMAZING.

It was kind of nerve-wracking, but after I calmed down a bit I realized it was actually kind of exciting!! Hehe.

So I'm proud of myself for going through with it. Just thought I would share the experience!
    Last edited by TenSwords; 23-Sep-2011 at 21:19.

Congratulations! Isn't it always the way, when you want to get "them", and suddenly the cashier has all these other things/offers that you can sign up for, stand there for hours, hold your package of diapers up in the air and say, "Hey everybody, look at me. I'm buying diapers even though I don't need them!" Anyway, you were brave and got them. You have been rewarded with the prize.

NewbieNicky

Sounds quite exciting! I hope you enjoy them, I don't have enough privacy to do anything like that but kudos for going through with it! A tale to tell others about in years to come! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Congratulations! Isn't it always the way, when you want to get "them", and suddenly the cashier has all these other things/offers that you can sign up for, stand there for hours, hold your package of diapers up in the air and say, "Hey everybody, look at me. I'm buying diapers even though I don't need them!" Anyway, you were brave and got them. You have been rewarded with the prize.
    Yeah, but it really wasn't too bad at all, just standing there! And I was actually the ONLY customer in the entire store (it's a relatively small city, and half the population consists of college students who were probably in their dorms partying/studying).

Anyways, thanks! I don't think it'll get much better when it comes to buying but I guess I'll manage.

NewbieNicky

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral View Post
    Anyways, thanks! I don't think it'll get much better when it comes to buying but I guess I'll manage.
    It'll improve; first day of school, first job, I'm always a little anxious and shaky, but after I get past that I'm fine. At any rate, be sure to let us know how your first night goes!

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieNicky View Post
    Sounds quite exciting! I hope you enjoy them, I don't have enough privacy to do anything like that but kudos for going through with it! A tale to tell others about in years to come! ;D
    Yeah man once you can get em, do it! I've made more makeshifts than I can count, but even a crappy diaper like the Rite Aid brand is just as good, if not much better! I've got a while til I can order from online stores, but these will definitely do.

NewbieNicky

I'd agree, you take what you can get. Online stores are the best, thanks to the discreet packaging and postmark, you don't have to worry too much about anyone noticing you're ordering diapers :P

Congrats!!! Now you get to enjoy them . Buying from stores gets easier every time you do it btw. You learn to get in/out and not think much of it. Self checkout lanes are also a nice convenience.