Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it stealing?

Default is it stealing?

YOu know how people say not to steal the diapers from people who need them which i get but i was wondering, if you put some money in the package you take them from is it stealing?

Technically it was taken without consent, a transaction does not excuse it as theft. But that's just me...

Technically, yes.

I believe it is wrong to steal, no matter how much you want something.

Interesting concept though if you think about it.

Not really, I can (laughably) think of a scenario where a person thought that had some diapers left, went to change, and found only money instead. So then they had to drive to the nearest pharmacy and buy a new package, only for it to be too late and a humiliating accident ensues.

If you take it without their permission, it's stealing, even if you compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacore View Post
    Not really, I can (laughably) think of a scenario where a person thought that had another pack of diapers, went to change, and found only money instead. So then they had to drive to the nearest pharmacy and buy a new package, only for it to be too late and a humiliating accident ensues.
    lol that would suck.

Lol, amusing scenarios ^^

But yeah, technically it's stealing. That said, it's entirely less dickish than just taking one. I dunno, when I worked in the bulk foods section of a grocery store, most of us would just throw some money into a tin under the counter if we grabbed a bit of candy or whatever during our shift. Technically, we should have weighed the stuff out and gone through the cashiers' lines, but it's not like we were costing the store any money, so take it for what you will I guess...

I agree with Alphacore, no matter what it is your taking, it's stealing unless they say it's okay.

It's not just stealing - it's downright mean.

If you've got the money ... then go to the store yourself.

If you've not got the money .... then it's just stealing.

Look on craiglist there tone people that give thing away maybe can fine somone who does just want get them out of there so say.