Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Ireland

Default Greetings from Ireland

Greetings,

my name's Ciaran I've been threatening to start using this site for a while now, guess this is me finally following through on a threat. I'm an active person I love hiking, swimming , the gym, jogging which I feel I need to do as I work in IT sitting behind a desk all day.

I've a few more extreme activities I also like to do such as Skydiving, down hill mountain biking and going out on my motorbike at weekends. I'm not all adrenaline seeking though, I'm not even a big risk taker, in fact I consider myself to be a bit of a wuss. I'm also just as crazy about photography, graphic design and audio production and these would be the pursuits I enjoy in my spare time mostly.

I know for certain I am a DL who has a submissive side. I am definitely open to the AB experience but I haven't yet had enough experience to say if I would consider myself an AB.

I'm here looking for like minded people I can chat with. I can talk for Ireland if you let me, otherwise you might be telling me to shut up before you know it lol. I also enjoy hearing about other peoples interests too and I don't mind lending an ear; so to speak.

So yeah that's it for now, thanks for reading and I look forward to hopefully getting to know a few of you. Right, I'm off to explore the rest of this site wish me luck!!

Greetings Irisheyes,

Welcome to Adisc. I also enjoy hiking but haven't had the opportunity in the proper setting in a while. While I trek by foot almost everywhere, I don't consider it hiking unless its on a little used trail through the woods. My ideal vacation would be just me and a backpack on the appalachian trail for a week. I can imagine that you must have some nice trails in your area since Ireland is such a beautiful country.

NewbieNicky

Welcome to the site, I'm new, too, so it is exciting!

I enjoy thrill seeking activities as well! I'd love to do skydiving one day, sounds like tons of fun ;D Love Ireland, too, it's on the list of countries I want to go to in Europe; hopefully within the next year I get to France. Anyways, see you around! :3

HI Ciaran,
    welcome to Adisc. I don' t know if you used the cheat sheet or not, but that is a wonderful intro, definately a Gold Start for your Chart (Don't worry the reference is probably too old for you and has nothing to do with Adisc or writinf intro's for that matter). Do you have girlfriend? If you do does she know about this side of you?

There is a wealth of experience and knowledge available on Adisc as well as all the support you could ask for. So find a few forums you think look interesting and jump in. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome, Irisheyes! Hiking and swimming are two of my favorite things ever. I find it funny that you say you skydive and then call yourself a wuss. I could never do that in a million years.

And hey:

Quote Originally Posted by PCBaby View Post
    I don' t know if you used the cheat sheet or not, but that is a wonderful intro, definately a Gold Start for your Chart (Don't worry the reference is probably too old for you and has nothing to do with Adisc or writinf intro's for that matter).
    I used to have a gold star chart when I was little, haha! Where's my gold star? xD

sorry scaary if your chart was the same as mine then you know what you need to do to get a gold star.

Hi Everybody,
    thank you for all the greetings I'm very humbled by all of the warm welcomes I have received

Hi Jack the writer,

Yes I am very lucky to live in an area which I consider to be of great beauty. I think that's how my interest in photography was discovered. I'm heading for a hike in the morning, I love starting my weekends like that. The hike I'm going on is one of my favourite places in the whole world. It's a valley called Glendalough, you can check it out here
    Sadly hiking is not something I get to do very often either as I'm usually up to my eyes with other things I have going on. I'm going to ask a very obvious question which you probably knew was coming eventually. Do you genuinely write, as your name suggests?

Hi NewbieNicky
    I'm looking forward to getting familiar with this site too, if the welcome I got is anything to go by then great things should be in store for us :-D. Hey if you are going as far a France it is very cheap to get to Ireland from there you should look into it. How long are you planning to go to France for?

Hey there PCBaby,
    well I must say it has been a long time since I've had a gold star. That doesn't mean that I haven't been going around thinking I deserve one hehe :-D I will definitely make sure I get as much mileage out of it as possible. I don't have a girlfriend at the moment but I do have one ex who knew about the diapers. We're still good friends and like all good friends she uses her privileged information to take the p*ss out of me any chance she gets. :-D Don't worry when it comes t p*ss-taking I can hold my own ;-)

I do have a confession to make. I did reference the cheat sheet. It just makes sense to use it. So I guess it's a testament to a well written cheat sheet or I'm just badass at following instructions, I'll leave it up to the forum to decide lol.

Hey ScaryFaery,

yeah swimming is awesome I love to swim. It's hard to explain it to people who don't use it for exercise but I find it to be the best and most fulfilling exercise workouts I can do, nothing else comes close. I swim most days before work. Oh and I am a wuss trust me. I only first done a skydive because I believe in trying everything once (within reason of course) but the instant I done my first jump I was hooked! The urge to do more jumps was all consuming and completely negated any fear I had towards it. The same for motorbikes and the mountain biking. I'm not current with my skydiving at the moment as money isn't as easy to come by these days so I don't think I can officially call myself a skydiver. Would you ever try skydiving yourself?

Thanks again everyone for you warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisheyes View Post

I'm going to ask a very obvious question which you probably knew was coming eventually. Do you genuinely write, as your name suggests?
    Why yes I do . I only have one story on this site right now and I am working on the second chapter. Not something that I'd ever get paid to do but I enjoy it.

NewbieNicky

Hi Everybody,
    thank you for all the greetings I'm very humbled by all of the warm welcomes I have received
    Humbled you should be! (J/k) ;P

I'm looking forward to getting familiar with this site too, if the welcome I got is anything to go by then great things should be in store for us :-D. Hey if you are going as far a France it is very cheap to get to Ireland from there you should look into it. How long are you planning to go to France for?
    Great bunch of folks on here, that much I've seen so far! The forums have a lot to do, so hopefully you won't get bored exploring the site :P

I was really hoping for this summer, but financially it might be pushed back to Summer of 2013. Still in my plans to visit France, though, hopefully with my French class if I can pull together the funds, and Ireland would be right behind; I'm dark Irish, I have Irish and Portuguese/ Spanish in me, so getting to Ireland would be a lot of fun for me!