Thread: Which are the best diapers-nappies to avoid leaks !

Default Which are the best diapers-nappies to avoid leaks !

Can Any body tell me which diapers-nappies are the best to avoid leaks when sleeping, About twice a week i wet the the bed and what ever brand i use the seem to leak out the sides whilst i sleep ...which of course can be annying

I expect people will say Abena - but as you are in the UK I think Tena slips might help - I use the highest capacity ones at night and can produce 2000ml while asleep and although the nappy is heavy in the morning (like I stand up and almost falls down) it mostly does not leak despite my sleeping a lot on my side. I wear tightish underwear on top and have a disposable pad under my bum -but this is often only wet about 1 day in 7.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Can Any body tell me which diapers-nappies are the best to avoid leaks when sleeping, About twice a week i wet the the bed and what ever brand i use the seem to leak out the sides whilst i sleep ...which of course can be annying
    traditional terry towelling nappies are the best, for the situation you describe.

I agree with Dayanight, Abena does tend to be leak proof and really comfy but they are a bit bulky (which to me is not prob ;D). However, never wear a pull-up if your looking for leak proof!

Abena SUCK!!! I leak all the time I'm a fellow side sleeper and I would recommend the tena like above or Molicare very good premium brand,also fit them nice and tight cause they loosen as you sleep and relax or just make sure you take your
    nappy out of the packaging the morning before you have to wear it so its already relaxed and ready to go on.

But yeah Tena or Molicare from experience both have been excellent! and they fit nicely, absorb well and are most importantly comfortable.

the cheapest diaper that never leaks? Just find a cheap one and don't wet it - No leaks!

There's a lot to this question and I'm surprised there's not a sticky on it. Since you're leaking on the sides I think we can assume you're a side sleeper. The general consensus on this is that cloth with plastic pants is your best way to keep the sheets dry.

If you don't want to go cloth, there are some good recommendations for disposable:
    1) wear a thick diaper. bambino, abina xplus, dry247, etc. Do not use cushies/drykids/bmx.
    2) wear a diaper that has leak guards
    3) guys point down. always point down. make sure it stays that way and reposition whenever needed.
    4) tape the lower tapes DOWN toward the elastic band. DO NOT tape toward each other. Tape as tight as you can tolerate.
    5) tape the upper tapes to be above the padding line, again as tight as you find comfortable.
    6) consider a diaper one size larger so the front forms a pouch of padding higher in the front. This effect only happens if you observe #4 and #5 but is very effective.
    7) if you do wet, and don't want to change yet, turn over so you're using the other side of the padding.

I side sleep in a disposable, and had a terrible time with leaks. But after establishing these guidelines I don't leak, ever.

I wear plastic pants over my Depend. Leak problem solved.