Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I want my own room!

Default I want my own room!

So....here's the deal.

I'm going back to start my 3rd year of college in about 2 months. Ever since I've been there I've had a roommate. It wasnt really that bad, but i deffinitly missed my privacy. (It's hard to diaper up with someone else sharing a room with you)

Anyway, I put in a request for a SINGLE room this year, but the chances of that actually going through are slim (I'll know if i got it in about 2 weeks). Do you think if i told the Resident Director that I have urinary and/or bowel incontinence and I needed 'extra' privacy, it would help the chances of them giving me my own room???

Ehh, any help would be appreciated.

****(By the way, I am NOT incontinent, i'm just looking for a good excuse, and dont mean to mock anyone that is incontinent)

Herbiec

Default Don't fib

Please don't lie!!
    Tell them you have a condition that causes you to have to wear diapers.
    They may put you with another diaper wearer.

They may want some proof on the incontinent part...But you could try saying that you desperately need some privacy for one year at least, and you've gone 2 years with a roommate and you just can't take another one...

Don't lie. Pay your dues like the rest of us had to. I didn't get a single until my senior year. Suck it up-- one more year.

It's true, though. Everyone has their reasons they want a single before their senior year, but for the majority of us, we just have to suffer through it and pay our dues. You'll be telling underclassmen the same thing next year when they're complaining about not having singles.

Could you ditch the dorms and get an apartment? Apartment living is often cheaper as you don't have to help foot the dorm's janitorial/maintenance fees with your rent, and it's easier to get your own room with an apartment. I've lived in a 2-bedroom apartment the past 2 years & it works out great as far as privacy is concerned. I do make garbage duty my chore, however, 'cuz it has to be taken out frequently and disposables are heavy >.<

I'm not sure how much this will help you...but you could try telling the dorm guy that you will murder if you have to have ANOTHER room mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGrizzy View Post
    I'm not sure how much this will help you...but you could try telling the dorm guy that you will murder if you have to have ANOTHER room mate.
    Yeah...I'm pretty sure he wants to finish college...Not go to jail

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    Could you ditch the dorms and get an apartment? Apartment living is often cheaper as you don't have to help foot the dorm's janitorial/maintenance fees with your rent, and it's easier to get your own room with an apartment. I've lived in a 2-bedroom apartment the past 2 years & it works out great as far as privacy is concerned. I do make garbage duty my chore, however, 'cuz it has to be taken out frequently and disposables are heavy >.<

its all about the $$$. I would love to get an apartment, and although it's techniclly cheaper, i'm living ON campus because its being coverd by my student loan. I dont really have the cash to pay for a monthly rent