Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please! wrong size...

Default Help please! wrong size...

So, my first pack of adult diapers (not counting my first pull-ups) was a tena slip M size, but when I wore them I thought they were too big for me, so I decided to try S size next time. Bad idea, they are too small >_<

Have anyone gone through something similar? what did you do with the diapers? I've been adapting baby ones for wearing and also using them as stuffers, but I think an adult one is higher ground and I don't want to lose my purchase Dx what do you recommend?

Maybe use the mediums with stuffers or tight underwear (or both) to make up for the differences in size? You could also try to sell one of them, I would imagine it is better for a diaper to be too big than too small, just my opinion though.

Sucks that you are having this problem, best of luck.

Use 'em as stuffers. That's about the best way to do it. Alternatively, wear them like a pad under tight underwear.

Roll down the sides of them, it makes em hold on tighter.

Just stick to the mediums even though they feel big. Adult diapers tend to be big and that is just how they are. If they are too small, then cut off the sides and wear them under the medium diapers. You might also try tena small briefs because they run a bit bigger than most smalls (up to 36"). Also wellness briefs medium also run a bit small and are about inbetween most small and mediums.

Dolphins2011

Ah the dreaded flaw of the diaper companies. There are alot of people "in between" sizes.

Try Abena diapers in size medium. Abena tends to ignore that "size gap". They should fit you very nicely. I recommend M4's or M3's.

For more information, see this article I wrote. http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/2...ilability.html

There are slight differences in the size, and fit in nearly all brands, so my best advice would be to shop around, and look for a size that may fit you better (they usually say the hip size on the package).

I know Dry24/7 runs a little big, so the smalls may be just right for you! They are however spendy, and only available online through their website.

If store brands are all you have available right now, I know Depend has Briefs in S/M size. Although I don't personally like them, many do, and they fit my 30 - 32 hips pretty much perfectly. These diapers are available at nearly every chain pharmacy, so it's conveniant.

One more tip, a far as helping with fit, when you pad up, make sure you start with the bottom tapes, and work your way up. Angle the bottom tapes upward, and the top tapes downward. This usually makes the nappy fit better. (The rear wasitband will wrap around your hips, and the leg gathers will form around the back of your legs better among other things).

You may also want to look at some to the 'Diaper Reviews' in the article section, these can be very helpfull for making a good choice.

Stay well!

Quote Originally Posted by malix View Post
    I know Dry24/7 runs a little big, so the smalls may be just right for you! They are however spendy, and only available online through their website.
    They are definitely pricey, but if I am not mistaken they are also available through XP Medical, which would likely be a little more discreet.

Quote Originally Posted by WiLiKi View Post
    Have anyone gone through something similar? what did you do with the diapers? I've been adapting baby ones for wearing and also using them as stuffers, but I think an adult one is higher ground and I don't want to lose my purchase Dx what do you recommend?
    How small are they? Can they be worn at all if you were to tape towards the ends of the wings? Are their any other *b/dls that you know in person you could sell them to?

If not then using them as stuffers or makeshift pads are likely your best bet for getting the most use out of them.

Thanks for all the tips ^^ I might try some of them. About the brands, I'm stuck with tena, there aren't many adult diaper brands where I live-

Quote Originally Posted by LucentPhase View Post
    How small are they? Can they be worn at all if you were to tape towards the ends of the wings? Are their any other *b/dls that you know in person you could sell them to?

If not then using them as stuffers or makeshift pads are likely your best bet for getting the most use out of them.
    Well, I can only fasten the upper tape. No known b/dls. I don't know about the underwear thing =P mine is mostly small and may not hold the diaper, should I get girl boxers?

Quote Originally Posted by WiLiKi View Post
    I don't know about the underwear thing =P mine is mostly small and may not hold the diaper, should I get girl boxers?
    You might be able to try something like this:

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...-pictures.html

It's an invention of LilLeaker; if it's possible, it may be worth it depending on how many small ones you have.
    Last edited by EllieFops; 20-Sep-2011 at 13:52. Reason: derp link, lol what's a grammar