Thread: urge incontinence

kmeerman

Default urge incontinence

I'm about to see a doctor, as if I have to pee, it's really hard to hold it. I assume it has something to do with a bladder/prostate thing, 'cause it can hurt a lot while going. I can understand it is a physical problem and it has to be cured, but I'm also a bit worried: if I have to go real hard but can distract my mind, the urge can stop as sudden as it started.

Is this related to the DL stuff? I mean: even when medication helps me to relief the actual bladder/prostate problem, will the urge still exist? I like to be a DL, but it has to remain a 'hobby'. I hope I expressed myself well

I barely understood you.

You have trouble holding your bladder, but if you are distracted your urge goes away?
    What do you have? An enlarged prostate? Is that why it is painful?

kmeerman

No idea what is going on, that's why I'm going to see a doctor. But if he asks me about the symptoms, I will have no problem saying him I have to go to the toilet once I get a signal as this is something that is not normal and I don't like at all. I doubt to tell him that at that time, if I get really distracted (phonecall or something) the urge can dissappear quickly to only come back after a few hours. I'm worried he might suspect other things. Better said, can you also loose control if you let get in a diaper from time to time.

kmeerman

it turns out my bladder is only half the size it should be, caused by an area that is 'glued together'. This probably also explains why it hurts when I go. I have to take medications now to see if the problem solves itself, but chances are that they have to do surgery with a laser to cut things open. I have to do some bladder pressure testing first. Anyone else who had such experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by kmeerman View Post
    it turns out my bladder is only half the size it should be, caused by an area that is 'glued together'. This probably also explains why it hurts when I go. I have to take medications now to see if the problem solves itself, but chances are that they have to do surgery with a laser to cut things open. I have to do some bladder pressure testing first. Anyone else who had such experiences?
    I haven't had the experience, but I do know a thing or two about bladder wall adhesions (what your doc described as it being "glued together"). Be glad it wasn't "glued together" to another organ (something that happens more frequently than you might think) - those can be very, very messy to try and fix, and often times can result in body cavity necrosis, which requires removal of large chunks of organs...

You do need to be aware that the surgery they want to do is not a guaranteed fix. From what I understand, in around 5-10% of cases, the adhesion reappears within a short amount of time.

kmeerman

so my urologist sent me on some kind of bladder pressure test, where they send in a tube to see how much liquid the bladder can hold. Turns out they couldn't reach the bladder as there was some kind of obstruction. So they checked with a tiny camera and confirmed something was narrowing 'the road'. This probably explains all symptoms, as my bladder needed to put more pressure to get the urine out, it was irritated and therefore became smaller. They will now cut out the obstruction during an operation, more to follow...

Good luck with the surgery! I hope it cures your problem. Let us know how things turn out.

kmeerman

I have my surgery within a month. Seems I have a urethrastricture, which is some kind of reduction somewhere in the 'tube'. It will be cut open by a laser they insert under narcosis. Anyone else with a similar experiences? Seems I have to use a catheter for a few days, not something I'm looking forward to.