Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend percentage.

Default Boyfriend percentage.

World population
    - 6,775,235,700 (2009), of which LBGT – 9% (677 523 570), of which ABDL (or ABDL aware/accepting) – 3% (20 325 707), of which from the UK – 0.9% (182 931), of which male – 50% (91 465), between the 20 – 25 age range – 10% (9 146).
    (all percentages are from either Wikipedia, or best estimated figures, based on other websites)

Chance of me finding an ABDL boyfriend that I like… slim O.O

I could have gone on further and found out how many potentials in a given area, but it got depressing. Also I think the world population LBGT figure is rather generous as I found out at the end, in a 2010 UK census, in fact only 1.5% of the population was homosexual, and you don't even get stoned to death over here for having homosexual intercourse. But this just gives you an idea, and I thought it was interesting. If anybody could improve on my somewhat limited maths and statistics skills, please do.

I'm just curious where you got all these statistics. I personally think there are far less ABDL's than 3% of any population.

Ignore me I'm stupid and can't read the entire post.

Anyways, I still don't think 3% of the LGBT population is ABDL... I really don't think ABDL is that common (but maybe it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    Anyways, I still don't think 3% of the LGBT population is ABDL... I really don't think ABDL is that common (but maybe it is).
    No, but in putting "ABDL Aware" I ment they would accsept your ABDL'nes, and you could assume they have there own fetishes too, which would imply they are open minded people. Not just ABDL's use diapers, there's BDSM for example. I've heard loads of storys on here where a persons non ABDL partner did not mind, or even joined in a little.

Census stats can't accuratly account for sexual preferance because even if that were an option on the questionaire, not everyone is going to answer it truthfully.

-Gus

I was not going for exact accuracy, I would have to collect ALL the stats and figures myself to fully trust them, which would take many, many years, but I do think these are accurate estimations. I was doing this because I thought it was interesting, found that the results were "worse" than I thought, so posted a thread.

Look at the bright side: 9146 people in the UK doesn't sound as a depressing estimate at all if you consider the ways of getting in touch we have nowadays (e.g. internet). Some decades ago 9146 people scattered all around a nation would likely have been very lonely ones, but now?

Ok - you probably won't find your Mr. Right within the neighborhood (unless you're terribly, shamelessly lucky ) but the chances of finding him within a reasonable distance may be not as slim as you think. And, in case you're picky and distance doesn't bother you, your range of research can be much, much broader than it would have been 20/30 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Berko View Post
    No, but in putting "ABDL Aware" I ment they would accsept your ABDL'nes, and you could assume they have there own fetishes too, which would imply they are open minded people. Not just ABDL's use diapers, there's BDSM for example. I've heard loads of storys on here where a persons non ABDL partner did not mind, or even joined in a little.
    My daddy/boyfriend never knew anything about the ABDL world. He's slowly gotten his head around the idea. He has always loved my little side and he loves being my daddy. He tells me im freaking adorable when im all dressed up we're still learning how to work everything out. So if you find that person who might not be abdl just take your time. Feel the ''rightness''I mean I told my guy after only three days of knowing him... But the very first night we met he held me in his arms and told me I was his princess and that I would always be safe in his arms. It took me a long time to find this man. 6 years after I figured out I was an AB.
    i hope this gives you some encouragement?

I'm not sure about your numbers but let's say they're reasonable. A simple breakdown of numbers doesn't reflect relationship reality. If it referred to an item you were looking for somewhere in the UK, it might be relevant but you're looking for someone (multiple someones, since you will likely be with more than one person in your life) rather than something. At the same time, these people are looking for you, or at least someone like you. Culture being what it is, there are mechanisms that will bring likely people together. The people you take a fancy to may well have similar interests to you, and people with similar interests can wind up getting together for reasons out of proportion with their general statistical distribution. Friends of friends can also be a very powerful way of making connections. In short, although it seems like 9,000 is a small number, it really represents a huge range of choice and it doesn't even touch on the rest of the planet (people do sometimes find love outside their home country and make a move as a result).

There are lots of systems that can assist you in your search, from dating sites to real life social groups or anything that serves to bring people together. If this is important to you, start looking at your likely options and get out there.

...I hate when I'm reminded of those long odds - I am very capable of being angsty about them without others helping me

I don't really have anything to add, not having really entered the dating game at all; I'm not sure if it's because I don't feel ready for it, because I don't think I have the time for a committed relationship (and the related search for one), because I don't see long distances relationships as viable or because I don't really know where to start looking. Probably a combination of not knowing what I'm looking for (having yet to ever fall in love, whatever that means) and having no earthly ideas of where to look. The one thing that occasionally cheers me up (and that I try to use to cheer up the few people that are even more angsty than I am about that kind of things) is that people seem to have a knack to find soulmates, even when it seems such person has really, really long odds.

Now excuse me, I need to go work on forgetting this thread exists - this kind of discussions always depress me (fun fact: I felt crappy for a good day or two after creating this thread about something somewhat similar).

Well I read that and realised that I am, technically, one of those 9,146 people. Basically, it hinges on whether or not you like me....

That's worrying...