Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod iTouch Music

Default iPod iTouch Music

Over the past two weeks I have been reformatting and adjusting my iTouch, because I found that if I store 20 gigs of music on it, plus a number of apps, my iTouch slows down and doesn't run so well.

So this past week I have been playing around with rotating no more than 10 albums on my device, and listening to them all week.

So, thinking along these lines, I thought it would be fun to hear what everyone has been listening too recently.

I'll go first:
    At first I loaded the first and third Little Dragon CD, because I just bought them and wanted to know if I liked them.
    I also loaded Eyes of the Nightmare Jungle and I'm So Hollow, because I enjoy listening to them at night.
    I also added the first album of New Order, because well, I never gave them much playtime. I'm more of a Joy Division fan, and want to see if I can extend that to New Order.

alu

hmm my ipod never slowed down with just music, i have about 20 albums on it and it shows no difference what the problem might be is the apps on the ipod.

And my music is mostly Trance dubstep ect. and rock and metal

Well, to be fair, 20 albums is not a lot of music. I have 10 CDs by Joy Division alone.

I think you are right about the applications. I just did a fresh cleaning, and now only have about 5-6 applications. I also emptied my entire e-mail list. I had e-mail stored for 5 accounts, so it accumulated much mail.

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    i have about 20 albums on it
    To put what Roec said into perspective; I have 438 albums on my iPod.

On an on topic note; even with my 438 albums (3383 songs) my iPod hasn't slowed down at all.

Quote Originally Posted by supersam1223 View Post
    To put what Roec said into perspective; I have 438 albums on my iPod.

On an on topic note; even with my 438 albums (3383 songs) my iPod hasn't slowed down at all.
    Hmmm. I guess the applications have an effect on my iTouch... maybe the other stuff too. It was pretty full.

I only had about 15 gigabytes (45%) of my music collection on my iTouch. I also had about 5 gigabytes worth of applications, and another 5 gigabytes worth of video.

But I don't know how flash drives handle space like disk drives do. I know with disk drives, that defragmentation and less use of space will increase speed.

alu

Quote Originally Posted by supersam1223 View Post
    my 438 albums (3383 songs)
    Do you really listen to all 3383 songs on your ipod tho, i have a ton more but i didn't listen to them that often so i really only have 253 rather than the 1000-ish on my pc.

Also yes applications will lag the ipod especially if you run multitasking with it also the newer os's manage to slow older ipods.

Supersam1223

Do you really listen to all 3383 songs on your ipod tho, i have a ton more but i didn't listen to them that often so i really only have 253 rather than the 1000-ish on my pc.
    I'd say that I listen to ~95% of the music on my iPod. I tend to rotate genres so I might only listen to 20% of my music over, say 6 months. The ~5% I don't listen to is songs my dad put on there that he said I'd like and I haven't really got 'round to listening to them.

I had an iTouch for a while and ran into this very problem. Eventually sold it though because it didn't have enough storage space. I have about 120GB of music alone, so I got a 160GB Classic. On a side note, it doesn't slow at all even with all that on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf3188 View Post
    I had an iTouch for a while and ran into this very problem. Eventually sold it though because it didn't have enough storage space. I have about 120GB of music alone, so I got a 160GB Classic. On a side note, it doesn't slow at all even with all that on there.
    Your iPod wouldn't have the same problem the iTouch has, because they are two different devices.

Primarily, I can run without worrying about ruining a spinning hard drive.

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Also yes applications will lag the ipod especially if you run multitasking with it also the newer os's manage to slow older ipods.
    I have the latest iTouch, because my 2nd generation's microphone jack was not working correctly. I wanted a new one for a while, so I waited for the 4th generation to come out, and purchased that one.

It is amazingly delicious.

You're right about the multitasking. It bogs down the touch, and I try to be responsive to shutting down my programs; however, I admit I forget half the time.

I use the iTouch much everyday. I use it for music, movies, my schedule, my impromptu notes, my weather, and my e-mail. It is surely useful in many ways.

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

@alu
    What kind of rock do you like?[COLOR="Silver"]

alu

I have a ton of older rock, i listen to stuff like led Zeppilin, pink floyd, queen, eagles Ect. Then some newer stuff like linkin park.the music on my ipod mostly gets changed each month for different music depends what i wana listen too. Also if you dont want multitasking theres a way of getting rid of it (dont know if you have to have a jb ipod)