Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocket Launcher Teen?

Default Rocket Launcher Teen?

Holy shit. I wish I was making this up.

I was watching the news today and I heard about this. How do you guys feel about this? What steps could have been taken to keep this stupid teen from acquiring this anti-tank rocket launcher?

Stupid people are stupid, first of all whoever it belonged to (perhaps the kids brother) for not locking it up properly knowing there are certain people around who shouldn't have access to such things. Then the kid for taking it out in public, like seriously, pay attention. Every country in the world is freaking out over terrorism, so you think its a good idea to take an AT4 out for a drive?

I think that whoever it belonged to should keep a better eye on they're shit, and under lock and key. It's kind of stupid to leave something like that around people who have history of finding themselves on the wrong side of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Stupid people are stupid, first of all whoever it belonged to (perhaps the kids brother) for not locking it up properly knowing there are certain people around who shouldn't have access to such things. Then the kid for taking it out in public, like seriously, pay attention. Every country in the world is freaking out over terrorism, so you think its a good idea to take an AT4 out for a drive?

I think that whoever it belonged to should keep a better eye on they're shit, and under lock and key. It's kind of stupid to leave something like that around people who have history of finding themselves on the wrong side of the law.
    My sentiments exactly.

I dont even know what to say about this, Part of me wants to find the humor in it, part of me wants to say wtf.

Sounds like the kid has had brush ins with the law before, best keep him behind bars

securing the rocket launcher in a facility where it can't get stolen/taken off premises

Not letting a 15 y/o have the keys to a vehicle. simple as that;

It was a metal tube from a single use rocket launcher. They don't even make ammo for it. Why they are illegal in the states is a mystery to people in other countries.

i agree with python on this one. guys in the military come home with all sorts of things: 50 cal shell casings, broken firing pins, etc.
    the brother probably brought this home to show to his kid brother, and left it in the car. the kid might've just decided to "go out for a drive"

[QUOTE=BandNerd;736104What steps could have been taken to keep this stupid teen from acquiring this anti-tank rocket launcher?[/QUOTE]

I think any speculation is pointless until it's established how he got a rocket launcher.

Love how they had the bomb squad involved. If I were there, I would have walked over to pick up that useless piece of metal. The ammunition would not explode anyways.. Unless fired, set afire or fired upon by another weapon..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    I think any speculation is pointless until it's established how he got a rocket launcher.
    The army does target practice and the empty tubes get sold for scrap metal. Sometimes one or two get taken because they are cool. In Canada a bunch get sold at gun shows and surplus stores. It's literally just a metal tube painted green with some dodads on the sides. The only reason it is an issue is because the US has weird laws about things like that.