Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative ideas for old Toshiba laptop?

Default Creative ideas for old Toshiba laptop?

So, I thought this might be a fun thread.

Earlier this year I picked up an old Toshiba Satellite laptop from the late 90's for $20. I was planning to use it as a music machine, but I have since acquired something more suitable, and after that I had no idea what to do with it.

So I thought, i'll post a thread here and see what you guys think. I'm up for the idea of destroying it in some crazy way, finding any purpose for it that you guys might think of, modding it somehow or anything really. Basically i'm just looking for inspiration.

Let me know your best ideas

You think that's old? :p Anyways I made a thread similar to this a while back, you can go ahead and look at it here.

I ended up selling it and made $100 :p

Nothing really useful you can do... There are some novelty things but a more powerful computer would work better. So just sell it and get some money back.

I'm turning an old laptop of mine into a FreeNAS server... So there's an idea.

A chic new home for Alfalfa Sprouts?

Put a hole in the monitor and post it note on it that says "This is what we do to computers who give us trouble!" as a warning to the other machines.

Depends on how geeky you are ;p

If you're into electronics and programming, you could use it as a control box for.. just about anything. Maybe mount some motor/wheels on it, a (few) web cams, and turn it into some kind of robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Unless out in the middle of nowhere, that's the kind of idea that will probably end in the back of a squad car ;p

Supersam1223

Take it apart and fill the inside of it with gunpowder and then blow it up!

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Unless out in the middle of nowhere, that's the kind of idea that will probably end in the back of a squad car ;p
    Even out in the middle of nowhere you do not want to be around a laptop battery when it ruptures. Just shooting it can make a good boom.