Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedwetters: "missing" the bed pad?

Default Bedwetters: "missing" the bed pad?

Okay, so for some of you that use one, I'm sure this has happened before...but I tried the no diaper thing last night for fun (mostly for conservation of diapers more than anything), but even though I went to sleep on the one edge of the bed pad which was also the edge of the bed, I'd rolled over to the other entire side of the bed that was not covered by it on my stomach in my sleep and woke up peeing, and it not only didn't land on the bed pad, it seeped under it! I've thought about possibly doubling it up or something, and I usually sleep in a diaper anyway, but just wondering what other people's experiences/ideas are on this one.

Hi

I had a similar accident the other day which I think annoyed my wife. I was wearing a pull-up which I don't normally use and managed to fill it to the point where it was sagging down. I then wet again later in the night totally flooding my bed pad, the sheets and the duvet.

My only idea / answer --> Taped diapers all the time!

We put the pad under the bottom sheet (against the advice) but otherwise it ends up on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinent17 View Post
    Hi

I had a similar accident the other day which I think annoyed my wife. I was wearing a pull-up which I don't normally use and managed to fill it to the point where it was sagging down. I then wet again later in the night totally flooding my bed pad, the sheets and the duvet.

My only idea / answer --> Taped diapers all the time!

We put the pad under the bottom sheet (against the advice) but otherwise it ends up on the floor.
    Can't afford that all the time though... But even if I could...I still want to have a backup plan. Even they leak sometimes too - I even got an Abena to leak lying on my side once!

yeah there really is no way to either prevent leaks or figure out a way for a bed pad to be a perfect solution. Incontinence products, whether it be diapers or bed pads are designed to help us manage our incontinence but not solve it.

btw I also leave my diaper off during the day and night every once in awhile, usually to air out since i have always had a need to wear 24/7, but there are times I do it just to experience something different. the hard part and few realize this, but when you are incontinent and you have to wear, for many of us we have to find ways to keep it exciting, since diapers are like air in some ways. Im both urinary and fecal incontinent and have been since i was old enough to be potty trained. For me if i didnt wear them, I couldnt work and being out and about would be horribly embarrassing. I also would have a harder time, having the ability to pick and choose who i told because wetting accidents, would do that for me(poop accidents, not as easy to hide those,regardless)

any ways, good question about the bed pad but realize that no methods are fool proof, especially if you toss and turn at night...

even diapers arent full proof. Just the night before my diaper came off partially during the middle of the night. wonderfuly, even though i had a bm and peed, the partially taped diaper held most and my sheets were just a little wet and the protector for the mattress did its job.

babykat - I have a plastic (4mil) fitted sheet that protects the foam mattress with the pad over that and another fitted regular sheet over it all. It is more for overall protection and still lets air circulate under it. Like waslost1234abc said so perfectly, they aren't any perfect solutions. The instance you had I'm guessing was a first if not rare so it's still a better than nothing deal On the nights I want to air out, I will sometimes keep a thick beach towel sorta rolled/folded between my legs to act like a 'backup'. under one leg and over the other. It has worked before to catch enough to just leave the sheet wet but not over saturated. Maybe an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by kitsiulla View Post
    babykat - I have a plastic (4mil) fitted sheet that protects the foam mattress with the pad over that and another fitted regular sheet over it all. It is more for overall protection and still lets air circulate under it. Like waslost1234abc said so perfectly, they aren't any perfect solutions. The instance you had I'm guessing was a first if not rare so it's still a better than nothing deal On the nights I want to air out, I will sometimes keep a thick beach towel sorta rolled/folded between my legs to act like a 'backup'. under one leg and over the other. It has worked before to catch enough to just leave the sheet wet but not over saturated. Maybe an idea?
    No, it wasn't the first time... Just getting annoying and wondered if there was a better way... I have a plastic sheet underneath it all...Then a regular sheet on top of that, and then I usually sleep on top of the bed pad if I'm not confident in what I'm wearing or not...Like if it's abena I don't, but even with a Tena brief, I still sleep on top of the bed pad.

Kathryn

A waterproof sheet is your only option I htink...

I use a good quality diaper that rarely leaks with some underwear on top that absorbs minor seepage. I sleep on a disposable bed pad (40X90cm) and find that this is big enough to cope wih my moving around in the night. The pad gets wet about once a week - more if I am wearing a cheaper nappy than the maximum capacity Tena slips I prefer. We do have a waterproof sheet under the bed linen but although on a "bad night" the bed pad will be quite wet, we have not had to change the sheets because of my wetting them for a long while. This isn't luck and it took a while to work out what worked best for us. This is on the basis that I can't remember having a dry night in the last 5 years and my diaper is often full to capacity in the morning.

I multiple layer when it comes to diapers/nappies, if that fails then the washable bed pad soaks up the leak, under that is another bed sheet or three and the last resort is the rubber sheet that lays on top of the matress. I (think) a larger bedpad might be your answer, mine is big enough for a double bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddles View Post
    I multiple layer when it comes to diapers/nappies, if that fails then the washable bed pad soaks up the leak, under that is another bed sheet or three and the last resort is the rubber sheet that lays on top of the matress. I (think) a larger bedpad might be your answer, mine is big enough for a double bed.
    Yeah, I have a double bed too... But I've got this green Priva bed pad and it only goes half-way across the mattress... I need something for edge-to-edge apparently, because I tend to roll from one corner to the very other side...to the point I sometimes bang into the back of the dresser I put directly beside one side of my bed. Ouch! >.< lol.